Emax Problems

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I think your pressing temp is too high.By the way do you guys remember when empress 2 came out they did some studies on lithium discilicate and found that it was cytotoxic I thinks that's how its spelt it was very interesting how particular ivoclar was about you must use glaze powder over exposed lith di and reglaze.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I would suggest trying Microstar investment, others may disagree, but hands down the best stuff out there in my opinion. Plus you get the support from Jensen, Win -win. Are u using a die lubricant, this is also an issue that causes investment breakdown. We used to have problems when using gatorlube, I think it had alcohol in it?? Anyhow residual lube can also cause breakdown, wipe inside with q-tip. My 2 cents.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I would suggest trying Microstar investment, others may disagree, but hands down the best stuff out there in my opinion. Plus you get the support from Jensen, Win -win. Are u using a die lubricant, this is also an issue that causes investment breakdown. We used to have problems when using gatorlube, I think it had alcohol in it?? Anyhow residual lube can also cause breakdown, wipe inside with q-tip. My 2 cents.
Microstar is good, but it comes from the same factory as Zubler 144..the 144 is slightly finer grained. They use the same liquid, but I think youll find the 144 to be a slightly better product. As far as support from Jensen, Ive bought equipment from them in the past, and when they stopped selling it and I had some issues, Jensen said "we could help, but would you mind just going to the manufacturer to see if you can get help?"

G

gold999

Reaction score
Got a problem pressing emax. Usually emax presses really nice but lately would have some presses with bubbles inside. Bubbles are not regular, look pretty rough, tend to be near margins but not always. don't know how to add a pic otherwise I would. Using a new Zubler oven with their Advanced Press program and running a preheat cycle. Heating ring to 1562°f. Thanks for any help.
I also have a Zubler VP300. I'm just using the regular Emax press cycle in the Zubler and getting excellent results. I'm only getting a very small amount of reaction layer and putting the crowns in the Invex liquid and ultrasonic for 2 minutes. I'm using Bego Bellavest SH and 40% special liquid. I pressed 2 large size molars yesterday and they pressed in 3:33 at 3.0 bars.

DRE

DRE

Reaction score
I've been having this problem with small units/copings but on full contour I have not seen this issue. So I copied the program and lowered high temp and press time and have designated it for thin or smaller units. I will post results after a few pressings.

L

LamPlusLab

Reaction score
Oh yes, I have seen this. Make sure you air hose the investment out of the ring after the 45 degree scrape in the perimeter of the ring near the hole after bench setting prior to burnout. It falls in when you cut with a knife the 45 degree angle needed to sit in the burnout furnace. Make sure the wax is clean too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug4DAL

Doug4DAL

Reaction score
Investment breakdown , clean your bases.