Seventeen Abutments while I sleep...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Those 17 are gone, and then we did more, then we did the 22 you see in other pics, now we are milling a Big CrCo screw-retained substructure to have Pink and tooth porc applied, then into Two more bars w/Zest Locators on Sat. I have employees that grab things and start cutting while I am not looking. We are busy and they want to go home on time. Everyone in my lab works over 12hrs! Five days a week +. I do not force them to. They are welcome to leave anytime they want.

On top of that, I am still arranging moving.

My SLR camera would not make a flash today for some reason? I did try John. I took photos with a zoom lens and they sucked.

I switched lens to Macro short-range, and needed more light. I took out the battery to charge. Maybe it was low?

I have already posted many pics of my interfaces before and I think they look GREAT!

I will be glad to do it again, with units still in the block. They look just like the real thing.

You are right. I did promise to do this.

I am not going to work this weekend. On Monday please.
Enjoy the holiday weekend, looking forward to seeing the pictures straight off the mill. We very rarely get to see clear picks of interfaces. I always wonder how much "touch up" they need.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Enjoy the holiday weekend, looking forward to seeing the pictures straight off the mill. We very rarely get to see clear picks of interfaces. I always wonder how much "touch up" they need.
Reminds me of the whole flying saucer thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Straight off the mill , all of them . I didn't even bother to blow some air to clean them . So if my machine can do it , Sccott's better equiped Haas and better knowledge of the CNC thing can do it too , no problem .

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score

You cannot "touch-up" and interface.
It is either correct, or garbage.

Anyone could see if a human has been messing around with it.
Looks like poop then.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using one piece TI abutment vs. a Hybrid implant abutment (ZR glued to a TI base)?
A Hybrid looks more esthetic for anterior restorations, or Am I missing something here?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
You cannot "touch-up" and interface.
It is either correct, or garbage.

Anyone could see if a human has been messing around with it.
Looks like poop then.

Exactly my point, I want to see right off the mill with analogs on and off just curious to your ability to mill precision, the bars you showed looked extremely rough, not sure how much hand clean up is normal on the surface.

I just know when we would cast bars and run the hand milling machine to square up walls we could get perfect high polish walls with just the burs, I just have not seen picks of this and I am curious. I know what I get back from Nobel /Bernard and the stuff is amazing.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Good for you John. My bars are in magazines and used by some Prosthodontists that are very well-known and lecture. My mills are full! LOL

Nobody knows you and I don't care what you think.

I am not here to satisfy your curiosity, or to answer your demands at the drop of a hat.

Sorry. Please keep using Bernard and be happy!

Bye.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using one piece TI abutment vs. a Hybrid implant abutment (ZR glued to a TI base)?
A Hybrid looks more esthetic for anterior restorations, or Am I missing something here?

If you have a gingiva recidivist it still looks ok with a hybrid and their are augury that zi is better adapted to the gingiva than ti espacially if they are placed very soon after exposure .There are signs that the gingiva with the zirconium grows together.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
One Piece Ti costs me 5x less to make.

This is from a business point of view.

Many Docs think the Hybrid 2-piece looks home-made and they do not trust the cement. ??

I have not had One fail. But...What can you do trying to explain that to someone who will not listen?

Ti can be made much smaller and thinner! Better for Mandibular Anterior IMO.

We can make a Ti abutment Pink, or Gold, or even Both!

One piece Ti is much less labor, and I make more!

So.....This is my favorite for now. ?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has brought this up but is that Ti FDA approved grade 5 and don't you need the entire process FDA cleared to have milled fixture level abutments? Not to knock it at all but I thought I would ask. Its some impressive milling for sure.

Hey...Do you think I would post on a public forum something illegal? Using non-approved materials?

Waiting for your response with info on making custom abutments re./ FDA....

Why do you and John give me a hard time, and Not Jordan from Datron for selling bar and abutment milling packages? Same/same. Both of us are vendors.

Ti metal that is pure Medical grade A, Condition A is cheaper than water. It is the cheapest material in the Dental world. If you want some then go order it from Supra Alloys yourself.

Tell Briggs Pletcher @ Supra, "Scott said Hi.".

Scotty

Last edited:
Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
ugh.
Scott, I didn't take John or Sam's questions as attacking whatsoever. I found it an opportunity to learn.
your thread started great though
your family is radical

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
holy sh!t wtf happened here

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yeah Scott, tone it down for focks sake man. These guys were being inquisitive, not questioning your methods, or your character. Seriously, stop being so damn defensive, not one of them said you were doing it 'wrong' or 'illegal'. We all search for information on here, it's the mantra of a successful dental lab owner these days. You're a very intelligent person, with the know how to make things very profitable 'legally' with quality. The funny thing in all this is that I was under the same assumption SAM was getting at too till recently, that to mill a virgin Ti interface you had to have that 501K approved. Not true, matter of fact, when Bennett and the NADL sat down with the FDA a few months ago the FDA wanted us to only do stock Ti abutments because according to them, we lab techs/owners don't adjust or touch them. The NADL laughed, and informed the FDA that stock abutments get adjusted more than custom abutments...the FDA had the brook trout look, they had no idea we techs have to customize the stock abutments. Many labs out there are milling the Ti interfaces. By the way, that FDA/NADL conversation was relayed to me by the NADL in February at LMT lab day.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
ok...?

Sorry Mr. Sam.

I think you have the complete wrong opinion about me.

I would never do something to tarnish my family's reputation, or destroy my own business.

No need to doubt it and ask if my material is good or not. OK?

Titanium is cheap and easy to purchase the correct stuff. Why buy something that is not?

To save $1?? It is already cheap enough buying the correct stuff.

Rob, if you have anything to copy/paste or can provide a link then that would be great.

Thanks for sharing in your own words....but it would mean more if actual conversations/email/?? were posted. Or a link to ??

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
This is why my mill is designed the way it is. My way. The best way. :p

As always. How do you argue with someone who thinks they're always right? Proof here! He said it himself. Hahah!! :D

No one will win the argument with Scott because he will fight until his dying breath! Bet he was an amazing

competitor on the debate team! 109-0 was his record and sent numerous people home crying off of the podium. -----> :( :banghead: