Seventeen Abutments while I sleep...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Is this where I say I am taller than you and neener neener?

My lord when did this become a pissing match? Want to measure my cock against yours OMG this is ridiculous.

I am making it a point to not comment anymore on your threads no matter how retarded they sound. Actually I may just not post anymore at all on DLN. I seem to have to find a way work harder so I can be as successful as you, oh yeah I don't have any chance of that as my parents were poor.

Good job bud you are king of the dip****s, the Millionaire dip****s ta boot. BTW is this where I am to bow down and hail my allegiance to the king?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I really don't have anything to say about this but I will contribute this. Tonight's beer
8ytudure.jpg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I really don't have anything to say about this but I will contribute this. Tonight's beer
8ytudure.jpg

Cannot say anything myself either...but was a good read nonetheless :) Will contribute this, today's "camping"...
re3esera.jpg

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Clearing the air I really was just wondering because there is so many questions about Ti and FDA going on with custom abutments right now.
Just out of curiosity, what about plastic castable cylinders, are they approved for use in USA ?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what about plastic castable cylinders, are they approved for use in USA ?

If you mean like UCLA, yes they have been around for ages. Right now, everything is fair game and as John eluded too, that may change in the future. Personally, I don't see it coming down the pipe from the FDA for awhile, especially since they are just figuring out that we adjust stock abutments. However, they will catch up and realize what's going on but that doesn't stop a lot of labs from milling the interfaces. Heck, look at Bonadent, they are a huge lab and went out and bought the same milling machine Atlantis uses (the Roeder I believe) and trust me, I highly doubt you buy that big of a machine to mill already interfaced Ti blanks. I'm a tiny lab, so no Ti milling for me but I do hear what's going on out there. I'm curious for you European labs (including England),does your governing body regulate milling Ti interfaces, do you have to submit paperwork, and samples like we would have to do if the FDA mandated?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I agree with tiny labguy.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
someday deckel maho will make affordable machinery for us all.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
really? i heard Toy R Us will be selling the Roland DWX-50 next year... according to Scott. Their Mickey Mouse line

swisstek

swisstek

Reaction score
Got my new HAAS today. Took if off the semi with my 1956 Cat forklift and rolled it in.

Almost as sweet as a Roland! But not quite. I wish!
I want one too!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
congratulations bob!!

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
congratulations bob!!
Thanks much, I'm pretty fired up. I don't think I will get much sleep tonight. After almost 40 years of stacking porcelain I'm looking forward to the new challenges. Yourself and others have really been an inspiration. Thank you.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
If you mean like UCLA, yes they have been around for ages. Right now, everything is fair game and as John eluded too, that may change in the future. Personally, I don't see it coming down the pipe from the FDA for awhile, especially since they are just figuring out that we adjust stock abutments. However, they will catch up and realize what's going on but that doesn't stop a lot of labs from milling the interfaces. Heck, look at Bonadent, they are a huge lab and went out and bought the same milling machine Atlantis uses (the Roeder I believe) and trust me, I highly doubt you buy that big of a machine to mill already interfaced Ti blanks. I'm a tiny lab, so no Ti milling for me but I do hear what's going on out there. I'm curious for you European labs (including England),does your governing body regulate milling Ti interfaces, do you have to submit paperwork, and samples like we would have to do if the FDA mandated?
Yes I mean plastic UCLA. Isn't classified as stock abutment ? once cast it can be consider " modified" so it's not in its original state ( including the interface). Also, when considering ti stock abutments, you only modify the "body" leaving the interface untouched. What's wrong with thath?
So, a modified ti stock abutment = no good , a cast pastic UCLA is ok?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yes I mean plastic UCLA. Isn't classified as stock abutment ? once cast it can be consider " modified" so it's not in its original state ( including the interface). Also, when considering ti stock abutments, you only modify the "body" leaving the interface untouched. What's wrong with thath?
So, a modified ti stock abutment = no good , a cast pastic UCLA is ok?

Yeah, pretty silly isn't it? How would you apply a rule to milling versus casting...I would say we pretty much all agree that milling is much more accurate and consistent than casting would be. However, what about some of those implants out there that you have to do a UCLA on. See, this is why I think it's going take awhile before any governing body catches up to the knowledge to be able to enforce any laws...but then again, throw in some politics and we all might get surprised. Till then, everyone is allowed to have an opinion and still be right :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I had pancakes for breakfast this morning!

Probably will have eggs tomorow.