options for treatment...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Dr sent these to me last week for eval. patient want #10 "fixed". my first thought was....extract #16 (since #1 is gone) and head to ortho. Doc said patient absolutely refuses ortho. sooooooo now what? how aggressive should i be? i mean, there's no way to prep that and stand it up. there's no proximal room even if you could. and there's very little occlusal room between 10 and 22.
let's spitball a few ideas...
1431b8994fb1ce50578e0d797d65bb98.jpg
f1c17c91ba3c2fa283b31d2b973255db.jpg
745b2541388fe933f5fca192a8131891.jpg
b6a3ceb4b1ed0ed512a00e946b8c5c3c.jpg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Implant or a three unit bridge...that lateral needs to go if the pt. doesn't like orhto...Stupido2

D

dr.dhaval thakkar

Reaction score
Extract the 22. Than do the prep on model and than make good mockup of canine to canine.

Thats the ideal case of smile design. Increase lil proclination of 11 so you create room between anteriors.

All done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Extract the 22. Than do the prep on model and than make good mockup of canine to canine.

Thats the ideal case of smile design. Increase lil proclination of 11 so you create room between anteriors.

All done.

i didnt want to scare the patient with an uber aggressive plan of 6-11...but i was heading in that direction. my biggest hesitation is prepping what might be otherwise healthy teeth.
extract 10 as well and bridge? or just attempt a prep and single crowns?

D

dr.dhaval thakkar

Reaction score
Only extract left lateral. Than tell your doctor to do intentional Root canal in required teeth.

Go for Seperate crowns. Only one extraction required!!

I ll post same kind of case today.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
That upper right canine is, sticking out like dog's balls too. Not too sure if you can prep that back into alignment judging from the last pic.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
That upper right canine is, sticking out like dog's balls too. Not too sure if you can prep that back into alignment judging from the last pic.
there is no easy solution i dont think...without ortho.
#6 and #7 are both sticking out as well as #10 and #11 almost is a peg canine. very odd and cramped arch.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
there is no easy solution i dont think...without ortho.
#6 and #7 are both sticking out as well as #10 and #11 almost is a peg canine. very odd and cramped arch.

If the pt desires an 'ideal' smile, anything besides ortho will be very invasive. Hopefully, you can make the pt/doc understand that. I can imagine, once the pt realizes that, he/she will rethink it. Good luck!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
pull the 3rd molar and do ortho. The Dr will never tell the pt thats the cheaper route.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Pt wants a quick fix.

Build out the 2 centrals. make 2 pmma splinted veneers for them. Let the patient wear them to see if they like the change.
If not,then suggest something more invasive.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
pull the 3rd molar and do ortho. The Dr will never tell the pt thats the cheaper route.
actually the Dr said that was the best option and referred the pt to an ortho office. patient decided against it, just wants a fast and easy fix.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
actually the Dr said that was the best option and referred the pt to an ortho office. patient decided against it, just wants a fast and easy fix.
Shag the front 6 and make a flipper.:rolleyes:
Fast and easy on someone.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
told ya.
They don't like the way the laterals stick out.
They don't want to move any teeth.
They have a party to go to next weekend.
They ain't coming back

make the veneers

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Classic Class II Div II anterior malocclusion. Optimal esthetic way to treat with minimal prep is with laminates 5-12. Little to no buccal prep on 8.9, but some incisal reduction and distal reduction through the contact. #10 will need to be fairly aggressive but usually they can be prepped while staying in enamel. The loss of arch form is the inclination of 8,9 as much as it is the facial inclination of 7,10 so you have to correct all to have an esthetic outcome.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Dr sent these to me last week for eval. patient want #10 "fixed". my first thought was....extract #16 (since #1 is gone) and head to ortho. Doc said patient absolutely refuses ortho. sooooooo now what? how aggressive should i be? i mean, there's no way to prep that and stand it up. there's no proximal room even if you could. and there's very little occlusal room between 10 and 22.
let's spitball a few ideas...
1431b8994fb1ce50578e0d797d65bb98.jpg
f1c17c91ba3c2fa283b31d2b973255db.jpg
745b2541388fe933f5fca192a8131891.jpg
b6a3ceb4b1ed0ed512a00e946b8c5c3c.jpg
If the patient wants to look like their teeth have always been normal, you have no option if ortho is refused. Aside from a year's pay of whole mouth plan.

Since they want fast, my initial thought would be a MD bridge. You'll have plenty of tooth to bond against with the space being so small that you can't fit it between 9/11 properly, it will be still looking different, but could possibly get it fairly similar to 7 with overrotation and incisal tilt.

A MDI type solution with a single tooth cemented on could be a candidate as well if they have the bone for it. The implant path would be different from the root path, allowing a very firm grasp by the threads. Yeah, it stinks, but I have a 5unit bridge out there on 4 of them and it's still going 7 years later. Only option that patient could afford.

If it were my case, I'd dupe the model 2-3-4 times and try various permutations. Deliver with a note outlining steps required for each variant and let the pt and doc choose. I'm also highly averse to clinical decision making. I'll offer options, and even suggest the one I like, but I always make them make the call, on paper.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Digital dupes are free.