Wages

K

Katie rinaldo

Reaction score
Would anyone care to enlighten me on what kind of wages are common for a removable lab tech with 15 years experience and great skill and productivity?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Would anyone care to enlighten me on what kind of wages are common for a removable lab tech with 15 years experience and great skill and productivity?
There are a lot of variables involved here and it is difficult to make a reasonable guess. LMT does fee and pay surveys every few years and breaks them down regionally. That's as good a starting place as any.
Regional cost of living will make a big difference. CA and NYC cost more and pay more than VA and OK.

Another differential is whether you are trained into and proficient with straight removables only, or if you are trained and knowledgeable with attachment cases, C&B combination workflows, implant retained clinically removeable all-on-4 type work, frame design and casting...

Lots of variables here.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me why I started my own lab.. anyone care to remind me while Im still here..?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Partly that, mostly that I dont like making other people rich.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Wait, its not for the hookers and blow?

Maybe after a few more decades in this industry.. however I know several that went that route, theyre dead now.

K

Katie rinaldo

Reaction score
Lol. Yes, unfortunately that answer was what I thought I might see.
I'm in rural Illinois. Yes, only trained in removable, but very proficient.

K

Katie rinaldo

Reaction score
Well I'm actually considering my own lab as an option. But I really don't think I'm financially ready to take that risk. But I'm open to any advice you'd havevthere as well.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Well I'm actually considering my own lab as an option. But I really don't think I'm financially ready to take that risk. But I'm open to any advice you'd havevthere as well.
Don't. If you are not totally completely certain, and willing to push yourself past boundaries you never knew you had, don't open a lab.

Doing it will teach you many things about yourself and others. It can be very rewarding. It will also destroy most of your relationships and your sanity if either you or your region are not ready.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
There is a shortage of really good productive removable techs. The average salary is really tough as it is related to where you live and cost of living in that location. Where are you?