I Am Angry.

user name

user name

Reaction score
You see, I have this sinter oven that is an integral part of my work flow. No oven, no teeth.

Ive had the %#*! thing for about 2 years, and thanks to having 24 hours in a day and being willing to work all of them, Ive stayed in business. This darn thing just a few days ago required me to install some new heating elements. The 4th set. Fired it up and ran ONE cycle. Boom. I had to get a second thermocouple over nighted so I could get the jobs done, right? One cycle. Just one cycle and with out even finishing it, it throws another error. Lift motor.

The company I purchased from has been very helpful, but enough is enough. LEMON.

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
You see, I have this sinter oven that is an integral part of my work flow. No oven, no teeth.

Ive had the %#*! thing for about 2 years, and thanks to having 24 hours in a day and being willing to work all of them, Ive stayed in business. This darn thing just a few days ago required me to install some new heating elements. The 4th set. Fired it up and ran ONE cycle. Boom. I had to get a second thermocouple over nighted so I could get the jobs done, right? One cycle. Just one cycle and with out even finishing it, it throws another error. Lift motor.

The company I purchased from has been very helpful, but enough is enough. LEMON.

That is crazy. Worked with several different brands and have never experienced anything nearing those types of troubles.

Do any of these furnace companies publish duty cycles?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Wipe your arse with it and move along.

user name

user name

Reaction score
That is crazy. Worked with several different brands and have never experienced anything nearing those types of troubles.

Do any of these furnace companies publish duty cycles?
I don't know, but Ive only ran 488 cycles with it.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Were you able to get a plug for your mihm-vogt yet?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Were you able to get a plug for your mihm-vogt yet?
Yes. Got the juice all ran and entered a couple programs yesterday; ran one cycle last night to make sure things worked, so Im not dead in the water...hopefully.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Major props to the company I got it from though...its not their fault and they've done everything short of sending a replacement. I just had my favorite tech remote in and try to run a lift calibration...bad news. The patient is non-responsive.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Allow me to correct the record. I said 4th set of elements and 2nd thermocouple.

This is the 3rd thermocouple, but whos counting.

A

adl

Reaction score

That's why I outsource my zirconia . I can't trust my equipment

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Lay a soldering iron on top of it and say "I'll be right back, then you'll know I'm ticked" Walk off laughing maniac style.

Machine's just need to be reminded once in a while We Made Them!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Okay, serious post.

I've worked on various types of electronics as my day job before I got here. The weirdness makes me wonder, I'm sure it's on a dedicated circuit from the elec. panel, but how long is the cable run from panel to outlet?

Had a "computerized copy machine" once that would sometimes refuse even to power on completely. Some rare days worked fine.
It's problem? Cable run was too short and it acted as a false ground creating small voltage fluctuations it couldn't handle.

If you're unaware, the ground and neutral are the same at the elec. panel, but there is a detectable difference that increases with distance and of course the line's load. A truely false ground is when someone 'provides' a ground on the circuit by running a wire between the ground and neutral at the socket.

I have no clue if this could be your machine's problem, but it's worth throwing out there.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Major props to the company I got it from though...its not their fault and they've done everything short of sending a replacement. I just had my favorite tech remote in and try to run a lift calibration...bad news. The patient is non-responsive.

There's only two limit switches and a simple motor...it should be an easy fix...

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
That's why I outsource my zirconia . I can't trust my equipment
I have tried a full set of CAD/CAM equipment, and after constant problems, decided to outsource also.
I would have to do about 100 units per day to afford to have two of everything ( in case something breaks) in order get the work done on time for my clients. I am a one man show.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I outsource as well and have my weekends off.
That is my ROI.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Cut your losses and bury the oven, or ship back to factory and ask cost to rebuild as compared to buying a new one.
Maybe a rebuild is worth it ? or to rebuild to resell ? or use as a backup only if you don't need 2 ovens sintering almost everyday ?
Bob, do you know the shelf life of this particular oven ? maybe it really time to part ways.... ;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
p

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
A backup oven or crash parts was my answer to a piece of equipment that would shut down production.

I saw I had been give two hands and five digits per hand.

If that redundancy was part of my design form the grand designer of everything then I figured he was trying to tell me something.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have tried a full set of CAD/CAM equipment, and after constant problems, decided to outsource also.
I would have to do about 100 units per day to afford to have two of everything ( in case something breaks) in order get the work done on time for my clients. I am a one man show.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's just silly. Im a one man show too; two of everything. I average 1/10th of 100 units a day and just had a record month.