CubeX2

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is. Looks pretty good to me? I cut out the shade tab and placed it on top of ging 3rd.

arrgh, my phone doesnt do it enough justice...

i'll use the good camera.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
must be a bad batch of cameras out there:rolleyes:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is. Looks pretty good to me? I cut out the shade tab and placed it on top of ging 3rd. View attachment 18716

Thank you RileyS, as I didn't know what I was missing. It has a bit more chroma, but I thought if CHL flipped the shade tab over, it would have matched perfectly. We'll see what a better photo brings.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
sigh

this still doesnt look like it does to the eye, but its not making my case either.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
take a pic without that stump crap

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i have devised a more elegant comparison. i have a sample model that i will generate sample crowns for; it is two anteriors 11/21 (8/9) and we will be able to correctly see the difference in product side by side with the shade tab. case is milling tonight, sinter tomorrow, pics to follow next week.

i hope.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Looks pretty good to me but appears to need a little more enamel coloring as compared to shade tab

Try this, wet the inside of the crown with stain liquid like you would to check shade on emax as your staining to glaze.
Then grab the crown with hemostats, diamond tip or whatever... Nothing inside the crown
Hold incisal to incisal and side by side to compare... :)
I bet you will see slightly more chroma in the crown which still maybe ok... most shades taken end up being on the light side, or the shade of the crown is on the light side, when the value is correct ...
fyi hue looks good on my screen

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Just out of sinterfurnace. It´s White Peaks copra smile. Temp is 1530° an totally 10 hrs

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 172
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Is this the preSHADED COPRA or did you dip?

Last edited:
B

bigbrush

Reaction score
This was brushed. Preshaded wasn`t aviable. But in future i will use it and do a little inc. gray. I think this will work well. Color was ZZ

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have some disks coming :)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I just did my first copra units this weekend. Used white peaks paint on stains. This stuff looks awesome. The hue is correct it will just take some experimentation with number of brush strokes and how to handle the incisal portion.

L

labtek

Reaction score
Those who know please share your experiences with full contour zirconia materials

I am still outsourcing all my full contour zirconias and rely on the outsource mills to keep me up to par on the best option and values available.
There are so many different zirconias and what their origin is...ie. made in china, japan, etc. Can you give us all and education on the zirconia material and the questions we should be asking? I had a sales rep today telling me about radiation from chinese zirconia being at high levels. (is this a sales ploy?)

Now the anterior material is making a big push forward, what should we know and ask about the different materials. I do know 6 months ago that I tested 4 units of Fusion 600 material and 2 units broke in the lab while i was adjusting them. So I decided to sit back and wait.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that is a sales ploy.

while some nuclear reactors use zirconia rods as heat sinks or isotopes, that kind of zirconia is not the kind we use to make restorations, its a whole other ball game.

P

Petar Petrov

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I have a little problem with CubeX by Dental Direkt. The material is great but have problems with shades. Is someone coloring this material with original Dental Direkt liquids (red ones),and do you have the same result as mine. A little bit greenish! Please if you have the same problem and you solved it please give me an advice. I see great results in this forum. Do you think that is necessаry to change the material for full anatomic crown, and do you think is there better one for same purpose. Thank you in advance.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
You are over firing the Zr, low your high temp.
The value is low because the temp in your sintering furnace is to high

P

Petar Petrov

Reaction score
I tried a whole bunch of different temperatures starting with 1450, 1475, 1500, 1520, 1525. Everytime the result is a greenish hue. I think the problem is in the new dyes (red ones),because I don't have any problems with the older ones (blue ones).