Wax up of the week

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Looks hot tomz! Youre photoshopping is matching your dental skills!

I have a couple to post soon too, need to take pics!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
October contribution to waxups
Is that the Harry Potter set up?

I can see you waving your carver yelling expecto patronum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thedentureman

Thedentureman

Reaction score
Tom what tooth brand is that?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
From wax up, to finish. Here are some photos of a previous case of a very young female patient.
Somewhat difficult due to the high lip etc. Great communication with the doctor!

Attachments

• 3_New Image.jpg
    3_New Image.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 0_New Image.jpg
    0_New Image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 5_New Image.jpg
    5_New Image.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 243
TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Bag O' denture guy! Upper 2 photos depict 2 separate dental teams attempts to dial in his esthetics over the years. Yeah, he's a dentist hopper. Addressed the dominant/passive asymmetry of his face with stylized arrangement and modified teeth. Photographic communication was the difference.

Attachments

• bacci.jpg
    bacci.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 206
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Wow Tom, this guy was serious about his smile, he shows back to his second molar...way to go, looks awesome!!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Tomz can you describe how you create that smile line? Comparing yours to the two other pictures, you can see that you followed the curve of his lower lip while the others are just square.. How does the Dr communicate this before try-in?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Awesome pics Tom, the new smokey/plasma looking backgrounds are awesome. Great results with that patient. Thanks for sharing.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Tomz can you describe how you create that smile line? Comparing yours to the two other pictures, you can see that you followed the curve of his lower lip while the others are just square.. How does the Dr communicate this before try-in?

As you alluded to, the most esthetic placement indeed follows the lower lip. The only way to communicate this for set up is to have pictures of the rims in place, the existing denture in place and then cross mounted or the initial set up placed, in repose and smiling. Its difficult to mark the rim with a line because the base really doesn't give the same support as the teeth and contour of the base, so I recommend a baseline setup where we can tweek from there.

Attachments

• incisal edge line2.jpg
    incisal edge line2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 127
DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
As you alluded to, the most esthetic placement indeed follows the lower lip. The only way to communicate this for set up is to have pictures of the rims in place, the existing denture in place and then cross mounted or the initial set up placed, in repose and smiling. Its difficult to mark the rim with a line because the base really doesn't give the same support as the teeth and contour of the base, so I recommend a baseline setup where we can tweek from there.

yes its ideal,
aesthetically.

but from a function standpoint with a FUD..
this look sometimes wont balance out when you run through protrusive excursions.

Last edited: