New inLab MC 5-Axis "Open" Mill

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I heard about $65000

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
3Shape took our old Forte and gave us 5500 for it. how much did you pay on the X5 after trade in?

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Hey techs Sirona & Straumann is looking after your income to eat it hoomwwahahaha.Pcguru
while every single dental company, center and lab are struggling day and night to find experienced cad/cam dental technicians.Sleep

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
3Shape took our old Forte and gave us 5500 for it. how much did you pay on the X5 after trade in?

I think the amount after trade in was $18,000. A $10,000 value for the old scanner.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
I called Sirona this morning and talked to a guy in their tech department. He said the only thing they new about it was what was stated in the "press release" that just came out. He had never seen the mill nor did he know of anyone who has ever seen one and he said, and I quote "I doubt that it actually exists". The photo used in the release is an obvious artists rendering. I guess we will all have to see at the end of the month but my advice is don't hold your breath,....

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
At the Chicago show last winter I came across a Sirona kiosk with a sintering oven sitting there by itself with a sign stating that it sinters Zirconia Crowns in 30 minutes from ramp up to ramp down. I'm pretty sure I know why it had been abandoned . Must have been told it was a dentist's convention

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
what is boils down to for me is the docs don't like or understand the CAD. works out, because i understand it. recouping lost accounts is really just ensuring my standard of quality is set pretty high. the docs don't meet it and in time they stop using it.
Docs are putting out $125k plus going to Arizona for Training. By the time they add an inventory of blocks they are in for $150k easy. They are sold on eliminating the lab bill and that's basically what they do. I agree, some stop using it once the five year note is paid off. You can check out all the used systems on Ebay. We have found, when docs first buy in you loose 90% of the work after 3-6 months we get back about 30%.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Docs are putting out $125k plus going to Arizona for Training. By the time they add an inventory of blocks they are in for $150k easy. They are sold on eliminating the lab bill and that's basically what they do. I agree, some stop using it once the five year note is paid off. You can check out all the used systems on Ebay. We have found, when docs first buy in you loose 90% of the work after 3-6 months we get back about 30%.

Your docs must be not working, the system will cover its note within 1 year or may be a little more if the doc make only 1 onlay-inlay per day on it.
and while doing so they kick all the patients who need bridges, pfm, pfz, fgc, fzc etc, right out of the window, cause they are not time worthy cases.... say hello only to yammy yammy cerec onlays and veneers patients.
What a crazy docs you have!!!.Aetsch

C

charles007

Reaction score
Your docs must be not working, the system will cover its note within 1 year or may be a little more if the doc make only 1 onlay-inlay per day on it.
and while doing so they kick all the patients who need bridges, pfm, pfz, fgc, fzc etc, right out of the window, cause they are not time worthy cases.... say hello only to yammy yammy cerec onlays and veneers patients.
What a crazy docs you have!!!.Aetsch
Mohammad, your annoying me with your witchdoctor ideas Aetsch lol
Have you ever heard of the dental forum called DentalTown ! If you spend at least one hour reading the Cerec thread you will quickly see Cerec doctors are trying to Cerec every crown possible. Doctor after doctor brags how their Cerec crowns look and fit superior to lab crowns and now they have no lab bills on most of their C&B. There are a handful of doctors who gave up on Cerec or use it very little.
Mohammad, spend the weekend reading DentalTown and learn the real story about Digital dentistry ... Shakehands

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Mohammad, your annoying me with your witchdoctor ideas Aetsch lol
Have you ever heard of the dental forum called DentalTown ! If you spend at least one hour reading the Cerec thread you will quickly see Cerec doctors are trying to Cerec every crown possible. Doctor after doctor brags how their Cerec crowns look and fit superior to lab crowns and now they have no lab bills on most of their C&B. There are a handful of doctors who gave up on Cerec or use it very little.
Mohammad, spend the weekend reading DentalTown and learn the real story about Digital dentistry ... Shakehands

Again life is more true than forums.
give me a practical real statistics,
most of you never know anything about cerec you just hear about it or watch it on some place.
i live with it, i sleep with it and i divorce it on July 2012 after a story that start on 2001.
bring any hero doc of yours who is really expert on it and just watch the dialog.

you should put on your mind that cerec was not easy specially before 2011, and the doc need at least one year with the system just to know how to counter and solve side problems.
so the first year the doc is not even qualified enough and not experienced enough to do more than 10% to 20% of his work on the system.
however, if your doc is having less than 4 patient a day, well that may accelerate the curve.
the real accounts, the busy docs will never even bother with it, and if they bought it they do so just for special or urgent cases where the patient is really willing to bay more to have the restoration on the very same day.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Where did I put my duct tape? gotta wrap my head before it explodes.
You think a doctor is going to spend a year taking it easy to learn how to use his $100,000 investment? And an inlay a day pays off that system in a year? Only if his lab is charging $400+ per unit, and that is freaking rare from where I come from.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"Mohammad, your annoying me with your witchdoctor ideas Aetsch lol"

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You know your dr has a CEREC when........

.....you hear " oo ee , ooh aah aah ,ting tang walla walla bing bang" coming from a machine in the back room. :D

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Where did I put my duct tape? gotta wrap my head before it explodes.
You think a doctor is going to spend a year taking it easy to learn how to use his $100,000 investment? And an inlay a day pays off that system in a year? Only if his lab is charging $400+ per unit, and that is freaking rare from where I come from.

How much you charge for onlay?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Currently giving them away

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
...when you hear this from the speakers....

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Currently giving them away

Docs never do that, they will save 150$ of your price and add mostly the same amount for the same appointment delivery so the extra gain is 300$, 100000/300= 333.33 units-days
which is nearly a year.
and yet if they have enough patients the gain is more if they send you all the cases.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score

That was the most racist thing I've seen in quite some time. Travis, could you moderate that?
And in all seriousness, I don't get it Rob.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
cerec crowns....pick up the pieces?....get itStupido3

C

charles007

Reaction score

If my memory servers me correct, it called Funk music, so I would say its not you average white band...
Get the point Laugh

Top Bottom