www.retainerdesigner.com

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
You really changed your site around. Why the change?

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
This is the phase 2 site.
Short answer: We are adding cool new features for the labs and doctors. We had to build it from the ground up using PHP and a database.

Long answer: For any ortho labs out there that are curious. Dont worry it will still be free to use when we are done!

One of the problems I came across when I launched the first site is that most labs didn't offer all the colors I offered on that site. So if one of their clients' patients selected "Burnt Orange" retainer color, for instance, they couldn't not make the retainer that color because they didn't have that color in stock. The new site is going to allow each lab to select which colors they offer. So that if a lab doesn't offer burnt orange they can de-select that color in their admin page and it will not show up on thier online color selector. Same thing goes for the designs. Each lab will have their own RetainerDesigner.com custum web page. In essence each doctor will have their own webpage color selector too, it will be the lab's page that they use.
Another example, I was asked by Don Inman (inmanlabs) to add these decal motifs as an option on the site, he said they are real popular with the ortho patients. And I ugree but I couldnt come up with a way for labs to opt out of useing these decal motifs. I didnt want to force the other labs that use the site to drop $120 on a decal motif kit (from American tooth industries) Because you know once I uploaded the decals to the site some labs who dont offer the decal motifs will be bombarded with orders for these and they wouldnt have any in stock and will either disappoint the kids that use the site or tell their doctors to stop using the site all together. Or spend 120 on the kit. Then the site stops being free for everyone to use. So I came up with this Phase 2 site. Where labs can choose if they want to offer these decals or not.

Each Dentist or Orthodontist will link to the custom web page of the lab they use. Each retainer design submission from the ortho patients will go into an "inbox" on the admin page of the lab.
There are 3 ways the dentist or orthodontist can use RetainerDesigner.com
~remember each doctor will have the specific link to their labs custom web page
1. The dentist will have RetainerDesigner.com up an running chairside and the patient can design their retainer in office.
2. The dentist office can give a reservation number to their patient, and the patient can go home and design their retainer online
3. The patient can find their doctors' custom webpage using the "Doctor Locator" feature on the new site.

Sorry this is a long explanation, just thought it was time to explain what was going with the new site, and why it is still under construction.
If anyone has any questions they can either PM me here or email me at [email protected]

cade

S

straight edge

Reaction score
really cool site, checked it out for the first time last night..

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Im glad you like it!, I hope to finish it soon! once I get some $$$$ :)

G

gigglingnewt

Reaction score
great site...can't wait to see the finished item...also, it's in evryone's interest to stock as many colours as possible. Creating the illusion of individuality makes a patient more compliant and labs would actually see any fracture or failure rate of appliances go down.