Troubleshooting EP500 Ivoclar

Any ideas on how to seal a leaking air hose coupler on the EP500, or were to get replacement parts?

• A

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • A

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
T

Toothfairy#1

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to seal a leaking air hose coupler on the EP500, or were to get replacement parts?
The hose connector that supplies air to the plunger moving it up/down. Thanks.

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Where exactly is the leak? Mightneed to take a pic. Parts are hard to come by. Best bet is to call ivoclar. I have 2 ep500s that i gave up on looking for parts. One needs a contact switch that tells the press that the top is closed and the other needs a rubber gasket right where the piston slides. Bought the second one off of a mamber here for $1700 and i got to press one dummy ring and then the rubber crumbled and couldnt find a part. That was so frustrating. A new lab owner so $1700 down the drain really hurt. Still cant believe i got ripped off. Anyway, im looking to sell these for someone who needs them for parts.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
For $7, I'd try wrapping this around the hose before going much farther.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nashua-...sing-Silicone-Tape-in-Black-1208952/100206050

Not anywhere near the same pressure level, but I used it on my Buick's vacuum hose and it still works.

nashua-tape-specialty-anti-slip-tape-1208952-64_1000.jpg

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Where exactly is the leak? Mightneed to take a pic. Parts are hard to come by. Best bet is to call ivoclar. I have 2 ep500s that i gave up on looking for parts. One needs a contact switch that tells the press that the top is closed and the other needs a rubber gasket right where the piston slides. Bought the second one off of a mamber here for $1700 and i got to press one dummy ring and then the rubber crumbled and couldnt find a part. That was so frustrating. A new lab owner so $1700 down the drain really hurt. Still cant believe i got ripped off. Anyway, im looking to sell these for someone who needs them for parts.
Name the evildoer!! Was it Travis?!?

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Sorry guys. No names. Lol. No hard feelings on a personal level either. But still hurts that i literally dumped $1700.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its an ivoclar product nothing changes or goes wrong with anything ivoclar why do you even need spares.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
about the only good thing about ivoclar is their old furnaces i still use my p95 .im having a shot at them because they just arent what they used to be which was quality and service.they are surviving on their past reputation.

N

Nenad

Reaction score
you still need them/

Top Bottom