Throwback Thursday everybody.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Look what I found while cleaning up some under cabinet space.

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8508_8599021268_9259660c5b_b.jpg

Memories...........................................
afarm9.staticflickr.com_8508_8599021268_9259660c5b_b.jpg

P

PinAn

Reaction score
omg that is the procera scanner . i have seen that when i'm 20

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
what the crap is that??

LOL, it is a Procera Mod 40, way back when I first started cad/cam in the Lab, this was the scanner used for 2D cad cam. after scanning the die you would see a cut in half version of the die on the screen and set the margins to the widest point of contour then click and uncheck a bunch of options then apply and check the boxes and proceed, FML it was too much work for a single coping. The sapphire tip was stupid expensive if you ever damaged it. I was pretty good for its time, then the Forte was released for 3D.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
omg that is the procera scanner . i have seen that when i'm 20

Funny you say that, I started scanning on that until 11 years ago. Wow how far cad cam has advanced since those days. I was so excited to scan on that Mod 40, then the forte was like crack to me when it was released. LOL.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Ha! Ours is under the front desk holding up a printer! Very funny. we also have awolceram in storage. We're going to get those two plus our inlab mcxl and display them as antiques.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Ha! Ours is under the front desk holding up a printer! Very funny. we also have awolceram in storage. We're going to get those two plus our inlab mcxl and display them as antiques.

LOL I found our very old Inceram oven in the outside storage area. I found a Picillo on ebay for $99.00 yesterday. LOL would that thing even work now a days?

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
I know of at least 2 still in production - if you want Procera Alumina you are stuck with using it as they dont seem to take .stl or .dcm - the alumina procelain can also be used for refractory veneers so a crown with veneers can all be done in the same batch - or so I am told.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Nice hard wood floors.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Funny you say that, I started scanning on that until 11 years ago. Wow how far cad cam has advanced since those days. I was so excited to scan on that Mod 40, then the forte was like crack to me when it was released. LOL.

same here and now it just sits as a giant paper weight in the basement

Greg Amendola MDT

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
How much was the Mod 40 when it came out?

You should gut it and turn it into like...a coffee machine or something. That might be cool.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
we still use ours occasionally for nobel custom abutments :)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Nice hard wood floors.

Thanks the lab was redone about 1.5 years ago, repainted all the walls, hardwood floors, marble tops in the casting an model room. Still holding up after the initial install.