Struman purchases 30% of Dental Wings

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi all,
Any thought on this?
Will Strauman lock up Dental Wings?
Will Zahn be out of the DW picture?
Will DW scanner owners get access to Strauman manufacturing?
Bob

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score

Hope so

hope not

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I wonder if they will try and stop me from using my DW to fabricate Atlantis abutments for their implants.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Hi all,
Any thought on this?
Bob

I spoke about these things with my Straumann rep. Even though Straumann owns a 30% stake in DW, it's more about a partnership at this point rather than ownership. Unfortunately, DW and Lava scanners won't have access to the Straumann manufacturing (at least not from the latest info I got). The new software platform will supposedly allow Straumann labs access to other milling facilities via DW but will not allow DW users access to Straumann milling centers. I guess purchasing the 30% stake in DW gave Straumann enough voting power to give them a more "open" option via DW but doesn't allow any reciprocity with Straumann. The new platform also will accept COS scans in addition to the Itero scans. All of this info is pretty much verbal as of now and things could easily change.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
I spoke about these things with my Straumann rep. Even though Straumann owns a 30% stake in DW, it's more about a partnership at this point rather than ownership. Unfortunately, DW and Lava scanners won't have access to the Straumann manufacturing (at least not from the latest info I got). The new software platform will supposedly allow Straumann labs access to other milling facilities via DW but will not allow DW users access to Straumann milling centers. I guess purchasing the 30% stake in DW gave Straumann enough voting power to give them a more "open" option via DW but doesn't allow any reciprocity with Straumann. The new platform also will accept COS scans in addition to the Itero scans. All of this info is pretty much verbal as of now and things could easily change.

We got the same info.

Straumann milling centers will now offer Lava branded zirconia now too.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,
Any thought on this?
Bob

Bob, go buy DentalShaper and Sum3D and you won't even care about these types of things anymore. Open Sesame.

You'll never look back.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Ultimately it will boil down to 3Shape and DWOS with open access, with a little bit of exclusivity for some companies. Having been locked into the ES1 and upgraded to CS2, I'm looking forward to being able to really take advantage of all of the changes.
The itero scans export seamlessly into my CS2 and that's a nice feature.
I've been told that I will be able to send "Some" files out. I know what that means and also know that Scott can probably help with a work around.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Not in Europe and in Asian countries, and soon US.

EXOCAD and Solutionix. Don't forget those MAJOR players.

I think this package will trump DWOS and 3Shape added together if you look at the Global Market.

Top Bottom