spring aligner

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
LabDude, I just bought a building for my laboratory last October in Yucaipa California. Previously to that I was located in Rancho Cucamonga for almost 15 years. After I remarried and moved to Redlands the drive to Rancho (about and hour) started to drive me crazy so I relocated the lab.

You all are right, most Orthodontists rarely if ever care what a model looks like. As for GP's I feel that often times they do not have the skills with pliers for MINOR adjustments. A pristine model allows me to show them how well it fits on the model. It seems to curb off the finger pointing.

As I presented my opinion I still want to stress that it is just my opinion. Every tech I know has their way of getting to a quality product. There is not only one path to quality, and the day I learned that I found that managing a staff was considerably easier.

Have a great day everyone.
John

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi John,
Nice out that way. I used to be up in La Crescenta. Moved to Oregon in 92. Never been back.
So true about more than one way. I found that in training I would demand they stay with exactly my method for at least a week, then they adapt and find their on path. In that, I found new ways to do manufacture things as well. Just while in training for a week, best to keep a focus.
So true about GPs.
Your a brave soul to stay in So. Cal. When I moved I had to change over to all shipping. Never really looked for work in Oregon, they just seem to find you. I had no local business for 2 years.
Congrats on the building. Nice to have your own place. I rented, even up here. Then a friend of mine from the bay area talked me into placing a mobile on my property. Seemed really strange for the first year, but it's the way to go. My rent was 750.00 a month back then, 92 to 96.
Now the guy from the bay area lives up here too. He's 27 miles further up the Mckenzie River than I am. He makes a 4 way syringe and also makes cabinets for dental offices, brings them down to the bay area to Dexta. Dexta does the selling.
Mike.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Dave,
I used to mess with the remake repair situation as well. It turns out that if there is a large problem, it's usually one office. That can be dealt with.
Remakes and repairs of all types we do at no charge to anyone. We also pay the shipping involved if there is any. You will find, over time, repairs and remakes will not be a large part of your month. Makes the offices happier to when they know this. Also allows a little slack for you when you screw up.
Mike.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
I dont dup the model either. But we had to in lab school, so I can see the advantages. The one with the helical springs on the lingual and labial I call it a "Super Spring" and the one like labdude was making as "Spring Aligner" some doctors leave it up to my discretion witch one to use. I just see how much relapse there is .

BTW, Are we allowed to make the Inman aligner? Or do we need special permission?

L

labdude

Reaction score
Using the name "Inmam Aligner" might be a problem for GL. However I have never heard of anyone being chased after for usinga trade marked name. Maybe they let it go by now?? Call it something different maybe, cya.
I just avoid the potential problems as best I can myself. I might have to mention a specific name inconversation to get a thought across, then I'll change to another description. You see it here and there "Inman Aligner tm" in some if not all of GL ads.
Mike.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
GL won't start selling the product until next month. But I called IPC directly and they would sell me whatever I needed. Don't know why I would not be allowed to make one?

L

labdude

Reaction score
Because your a girl.

Me again. GL did have the name trade marked a while back if I'm not mistaken. You can make all you want of something, just need to name it differently.
Not a big deal for most really, but, you Trisha, and Cade, are extremely good at what you do. Coupled with this site and its openness,cya. The big guys may not care much, who knows. A tm is a tm however.
Mike.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
You are too much, labdude, don't you have some appliances to make? At least they don't sell me the stuff cause I am not an a**hol*.

just teez'n

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
She's come to the dark side!

Actually anyone reading the ortho board has come to the dark side.

Speaking of that....I sometimes see upwards of 13 people reading (13 Viewing) the orthodontics board.
Is there that many ortho people in this forum or are they just fans of our banter.
If there are that many... "Speak Up!!" we want to here about you. Don't be what labdude calls you; "Lurkers"!

Peace
Cade

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Ya, ya'll join in on the fun, we could use your input as well. Don't be shy, we love to talk ortho.

trisha

L

labdude

Reaction score
Just us 3.
Sometimes 4 to 5!! Been 6 a time or 2.
It's like that. Site will have 1000 members. Only 10 wil1 post regularly. Over at The Astromart there are some 2000 plus visits a day, low amount of forum talking as well.
Most folks go there maybe just to do some shopping I suppose. The site is provided by Anacortes Wild Bird and Telescope. Telescopes and Binoculars by Celestron, Meade, Bushnell & More
They are a major supplier of precision visual goodies. You really should go there and take a look. Even if your not into astronomy, they have photographic stuff, Binoculars, and just a ton of fun stuff. Please take a look. I'll explian in more detail why they are pals to DLN in another post soon.
The other site I spend a lot of time at is Astromart. Astronomy News Articles, Classifieds and Telescope Reviews
This is the place where you go to enjoy numeros forums on many subjects. Also the site that will get a lot of visits with little jabber in the forums.
CHECK OUT THE NEW FORUM ADDITION HERE!!!! Up in General. Subforum, Hobbies and diversions.
Mike.

P

phyllis

Reaction score
Cool Site

This is a cool site. I have saved it on my favorites.