solder not flowing all the way

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Hi guys, We use a non precious metal , tilite P. Wonderful metal but I have a reoccuring problem when pre soldering. Case is invested and put in 1000f for twenty minutes. I flux the joint as per directions. When I introdice the solder , it seems to flow, but not to the opposite side of the joint. I am feeding the solder from the same side as the flame. Is this correct.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I feed the solder from the other side, but I presolder noble metals.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Get your frame bright orange and feed solder down from top. Make sure the micro grooves in the joint from finishing are verticle, and lightly sandblast in the same direction. You want the joint hot enough that IT melts the solder, not just the flame. Sometimes is helpful to rubber wheel the solder down to a smaller gauge with a slight taper. HEAT.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
The gap between the two pieces should be no wider than the thickness of a business card and shiny (rubber wheeled). 10 min at 500 is enough to burn off the GC pattern resin, light cure material or Duralay. Heat the copings evenly with the flame (in the reduction zone) while introducing some flux. Dip the solder in flux too. Once the copings are hot enough the solder should melt while touching the coping, not from the heat of the flame. Capilary action will pull the melted solder in to the gap and fill it completely.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
the solder will flow towards the heat. hold the torch at the opposite end you are adding the flux from after you have evenly heated the joint.