screw retained temps

B

BearPrints

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions on making screw-retained provisionals. The office of course wants them same day. If I mill them what is the best way to fix them to the temporary abutment?

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions on making screw-retained provisionals. The office of course wants them same day. If I mill them what is the best way to fix them to the temporary abutment?

Bear / What will u be milling the temp out of.?

B

BearPrints

Reaction score
If I mill it will be out of CAD temp by Vita. I am open to other suggestions tho'

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
If I mill it will be out of CAD temp by Vita. I am open to other suggestions tho'
Yep its a form of PMMA, You can cement it on with Ivoclars multilink, or any number of duel cure cements. You could even cold cure it on if you wanted as long as you key the fitting surface of the temp. All the best Pete
bonding pic multi.jpg

Last edited:
T

Tom Love

Reaction score
I use titanium temporary cylinders and a light cured opaque to block it out. I fill the screw access hole with wax. I use a denture tooth that i hollow out and then back fill with cold cure acrylic and attach it to the cylinder creating proper emergence profile. I like to seal mine with Palaseal, it gives it a nice glazed appearance.The whole process can be done relatively quickly and makes for a very nice and quick screw retained temporary.

B

BearPrints

Reaction score
I use titanium temporary cylinders and a light cured opaque to block it out. I fill the screw access hole with wax. I use a denture tooth that i hollow out and then back fill with cold cure acrylic and attach it to the cylinder creating proper emergence profile. I like to seal mine with Palaseal, it gives it a nice glazed appearance.The whole process can be done relatively quickly and makes for a very nice and quick screw retained temporary.

Great suggestion Tom. I like the alternative to milling.

Top Bottom