Random vertical hight issues (Z axis) with Wieland Mini

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
There should never be a divot in this plate. I ran into this issue recently. Make sure that the washers that come with the new plate are installed under the plate. I didn't know what those were for and didn;t use them. It caused the measuring plate to keep getting a divot like yours. Also I suggest you change out your collet as others have said and you might as well drill out a new tool holder. Then start will all new burs and calibrate. That should cover all the things that could be wrong that you can fix without hardware tech help from ivoclar.
Could this be it?? It looks worn, or damaged.

View attachment 29866

Although, I did a trial wax mill, today. It looked like it should... Will keep you guys posted.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
A night and day difference, it looks a lot better than before.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I make sure I have two to three extra measturing plates at all times. Just make sure you put those little washers in place behind the plate when you install a new one. That screwed me up for a week once before I figured out that I needed them.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I make sure I have two to three extra measturing plates at all times. Just make sure you put those little washers in place behind the plate when you install a new one. That screwed me up for a week once before I figured out that I needed them.
I will check with my 'digital tech' re the washers. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Yep, installed and ready to go! ;-)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
how are the measurements of thickness on the calibration piece? 0.5mm should be the thickness all over.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Funny you mention that. It is rather less than .5, except the wall on the cut corner. It is rather .6 Hmmmm2

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
how are the measurements of thickness on the calibration piece? 0.5mm should be the thickness all over.

Oh, sure, bring that up...you and your logic are spoiling our party :( :D :D

Funny you mention that. It is rather less than .5, except the wall on the cut corner. It is rather .6 Hmmmm2

Yes, but it sure looks better :) Do some mills and let us know.

S

Steffen - vhf

Reaction score
Hello,

there is no need to have 3 plates on stock.
There is a function in the software to remill this area plan again if there is a pivot in.
You´re dealer should be aware of this and can help you to do this.
Its 3 minutes, and the its like new and only the machine have to be recalibrated afterwards.

For this small stl-file you saw.
I created it, and i am sure its not the IMES calibration corpus :)