S

sampson

Reaction score
*** -Scott -
Hi,
Are Sensable -cad-cam plastic frames for RPDs -

1/ removable from the model?
and if so
2/ are they strong enough to be tried in the patients mouth?

Last edited:
CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
The 'model' they are 'printed' on is also 'printed' by the machine as it 'prints' the frame. The frame is 'cured and hard' while the model doesn't cure and is 'lost'. Having played with the frame it would seem one could try it in but I believe the stresses could play havoc with the integrity of the plastic frame and so they would say no. Of course, I don't know how much it costs to produce a pattern (as opposed to how much they charge) but you could generate two frames one to cast and one to try in. If the try in doesn't raise any alarms then you could cast the other. It would be interesting to find out.

Note: My limited knowledge of this product is from one trade show exhibit and lecture and some internet searches. I find this so cool...it almost makes me want to re-focus on chrome frames again...except somebody still has to finish those suckers out...unless I buy one of those 'rock tumbler' polishing units. Hmmm

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Since I am waxing directly onto the refractory cast, I cannot weigh my pattern to calculate specific gravity

If it's really necessary to weigh then do the model first, then subtracct from the total when the wax pattern is on. You should develop an 'eye' for how much is needed for each casting though so don't worry about weighing.
I never weigh, it's something the goldworkers have done as standard because of costs, new metal percentages etc and I can't see any benefit for CoCr dept. Use the final green polish compound as a crayon on the muffle to mark the amount of metal needed -you'll easily see the writing in the burnout furnace.

prodigy1

prodigy1

Reaction score
Sounds good but I also use Sati or Scotch brushes and a little bit of rubber points.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
My frames have been pleasant works of art since all the great suggestions from you, my fine friends! They are now, actually fun to fabricate! Thank you!!

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
Casting could be one of 2? Either your not hot enough or your a little on the slow side and the alloy is chilling. Or it's your sprue. are you weighing the alloy correctly? Okay that was 3...

RPD's a re labor intensive.. Hope you have some hands or you only do a handful a month..

I say outsource! Give Jerry at Chrome Works a call 1-800-642-2278. Keeps your sanity and your fingers clean!

Jerry and his crew at Chromeworks are very talented at designing and fabricating frames been sending there for years.