Outsourcing Orthodontic appliances

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
I just wanted to post this because there is a lab locally(or was local) that now is based in China and the owner flys back and forth twice a month!
The guy has a 2 week turnaround!
its crazy that orthodontists use him! arent there patients teeth moving a lot?
Anyways I know its common with C&B but there is a least one ortho lab that has moved overseas.
This lab owner must be one charasmatic guy!

I think I'm going to be putting *Made in the USA* on all my advertising/pamphlets/brochures and website soon :cheer2:

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of other outsourced Orthodontic Labs?

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Nope. I don't see how it would be cost effective, but stranger things have happened. We are in the global age.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds, in the area where I do business the 3 main labs consider 2 weeks a rush and 4 weeks normal turnaround?? The docs around here have come to accept this as normal??
That has really opened doors for me, because they are thrilled to have a 3 day turnaround, they often can't believe it. But I am small~ that is how that works out.

J

JOL

Reaction score
That has really opened doors for me, because they are thrilled to have a 3 day turnaround, they often can't believe it.

I would imagine you should be able to gain a ton of business if they think a 2-4 week turnaround time is acceptable. I would have a field day marketing against that!

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Exactly! At the risk of tooting my own horn. If the quality was not up to par, the turn around time would'nt make a difference. Toot toot toot toot

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Woah

As crazy as it sounds, in the area where I do business the 3 main labs consider 2 weeks a rush and 4 weeks normal turnaround?? The docs around here have come to accept this as normal??
That has really opened doors for me, because they are thrilled to have a 3 day turnaround, they often can't believe it. But I am small~ that is how that works out.

they might be outsourcing with that kind of turnaround. I hope the docs keep the braces on while waiting for the appliances