Nobel Biocare custom abutments for Camlog not fitting

• Thread starter Brett Hansen CDT
  • Start date
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Brett, thanks for the update. I have an account that uses Camlog all the time, so this will eventually be necessary information to know. Much appreciated.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Np Gru, that is what this website is for. No need for others to make the same mistakes I made on this case. I have a bit more info on this situation. I sent a case back to the doctor today in which I ordered a J-series stock abutment from the sales rep who I had explained the problems I was having. A J-series abutment shouldn't fit into a K-series implant. When I talked to the doctor, he said that the abutment I got, was in fact a K-series abutment. I called Camlog and the rep on the phone told me that they don't make J-Series parts anymore so if anyone orders a J-series part, it immediately gets converted to the analogous K-series part. I told her that I wished the rep would have told me this when I was discussing the problems we were having and that knowledge would have saved us a lot of time and money. She took 20% off of the price of the 2 new abutments I ordered from them and she is going to talk to her bosses to see if they can do more. I do bear some responsibilty in this mess because I should have made sure I had the latest information on thier implant system before I tried to restore this case. I don't understand how their local sales rep was completely unhelpful in making sure this situation was avoided. At the very least, when I described the issue I was having he should have known what the likely problem was. I would have in his position.

Just so no one else goes down this road: Nobel only makes custom abutments for J-Series Camlog implants. Atlantis makes custom abutment for K-Series Camlog implants.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Is this what i call conelog now ?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I don't believe so Martin, but I may not be the person to ask considering my recent history with Camlog. :)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Leave it to Schein to screw over the lab. This is another reason not to buy from Zahn!

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Np Gru, that is what this website is for. No need for others to make the same mistakes I made on this case. I have a bit more info on this situation. I sent a case back to the doctor today in which I ordered a J-series stock abutment from the sales rep who I had explained the problems I was having. A J-series abutment shouldn't fit into a K-series implant. When I talked to the doctor, he said that the abutment I got, was in fact a K-series abutment. I called Camlog and the rep on the phone told me that they don't make J-Series parts anymore so if anyone orders a J-series part, it immediately gets converted to the analogous K-series part. I told her that I wished the rep would have told me this when I was discussing the problems we were having and that knowledge would have saved us a lot of time and money. She took 20% off of the price of the 2 new abutments I ordered from them and she is going to talk to her bosses to see if they can do more. I do bear some responsibilty in this mess because I should have made sure I had the latest information on thier implant system before I tried to restore this case. I don't understand how their local sales rep was completely unhelpful in making sure this situation was avoided. At the very least, when I described the issue I was having he should have known what the likely problem was. I would have in his position.

Just so no one else goes down this road: Nobel only makes custom abutments for J-Series Camlog implants. Atlantis makes custom abutment for K-Series Camlog implants.

I had the same problem when ordering Camlog abutments from CMC milling (The Zahn Milling Center). It appears that they are also using the J-series. I also have another lab buddy who experienced the same issue with them.

Someone at CMC didn't do their homework on this when they ordered these interfaces!
t