Metal of Choice

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Having a tug of war within the lab regarding metals of choice for our partial frames. Some feel Doctors don't care about the metal choice as long as the design is appropriate. Others feel there is a need to find a metal of higher quality, with no nickel or beryllium.

Opinions?

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I've been using Wironit by Bego for three years and it works well. Great fits and casts nicely. I am taking their course at the end of May so I can start using Wironium, one of the nicest alloys for RPD frame fabrication. It can be bent significantly without breaking, and can be cast in thinner and more "delicate" designs.

Previously, we used Vitallium and Vitallium 2000. Prior to that we used Ticonium (early 1980's) which is nickle-based, and they fit but looked very dull compared to the chrome-cobalt alloys.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I will second the Wironit we recently started using it and it is a very clean chrome.

I have used the Wironium and I love it as well, they got me hooked on the free sample but as CPD states you have to take their course to be allowed to buy it. I h aven't decided if I want to go to FL to take the course but I have heard the instructor is fabulous.

T

tomvou

Reaction score
In my opinion doctors doesn't really care about the type of alloy you are going to use for partials.
I use Vitallium since 1992,and Vitallium 2000+ the later years.
I have very good results and I mention that I cast with Austenal's Electro Casting Mashine.
I have no troubles with clasp breaking.There are both alloys Beryllium and Nickellium free.
I highly recommend them as a user for years.

rkobbe

rkobbe

Reaction score
We use Remanium GM380+ from Dentaurum. It is very easy to cast and adjust. One thing I like about it, is it gets a mirror surface right at casting temp so its very easy to cast with induction machines.

Top Bottom