Max. Denture / Mand. Locator retained over denture

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
This case happens to be a 3 implant ( Branemark / Nobel) bar case opposing a max. denture. Patient had an old gold bar that was severely worn, doctor ask for a Titanium bar. I decided to have a CadCam bar fabricated. No particular reason, time allotment made the decision. The initial try-in was done and approved. Case was sent to Nobel, design photos sent back and approved. Bar was received, blocked out on cast and duplicated using a silicon material (Zhermack) to provide a working cast. Working cast was transferred to the articulator with the tooth set up as well. As you can see in the photos of the original cast with the set-up that had been transferred. At this time, occlusion was equilibrated, cast were removed, invested, and processed using Ivocap injection. After processed, the dentures were deflasked, and finished. I do not remount, nor check the occlusion on any cases using Ivocap for processing. Once finished, the mand. arch can be placed back on the master cast to check for fit. Deep under cuts, mainly the retromolar pads are relieved and the denture sets perfectly to the master cast. Doctor called, patient very pleased:)
IMG_0574.jpg IMG_0579.jpg IMG_0580.jpg IMG_0633.jpg IMG_0735.jpg IMG_0736.jpg IMG_0742.jpg

Last edited:
Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Nicely done. The only thing I would have done differently is the cantilevers. At least in the pictures they seem a little longer than AP-spread would indicate. But then I don't know the gender, age or physical condition of this patient.
Have you checked Robert Kreyer's website (personalizeddenture.com) on how to create multi color pink acrylic? This may be an avenue to "up sell".

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Jo Chen,

Thank you for your concern. The Nobel software will limit the A-P distance. Plus the opposing being a denture, the forces are less. The acrylic is multi-colored that is done prior to processing. I am not a photographer, just a technician. The photos dont show the characterization as well as others I have seen on here. As for selling up, my fees are higher than the national average that are listed in LMT.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Sounds like you have it well dialed in.
The photography can be difficult and the case needs to ship, no time for lengthy set up. Especially trying to take shots at every step.
Your work looks exceptionally clean. The articulators look like new, no plaster caked all over.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Nice case Danny, it's always frustrating when you do beautiful case and you try to take some photography of it and it just does not replicate what you see with your eye.

I really wish I had more time to learn the camera.