LabDay 2014: a couple of observations

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Just finished up a very successful and grueling couple of days exhibiting at LabDay 2014. Had a disastrous first day as the shipping company lost part of our display so we did not have a complete set-up. Oh well the show must go on I guess; but it's still a bummer. It also took me 13 hours to get to Chicago (from Detroit) which is normally a 40 minute flight. It was a truly a "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" journey. Ouch! It hurts just to think about it.

I was VERY encouraged and somewhat surprised (based on some of the claims being made) by just how far ahead we were in the machining of custom abutments; specifically Ti pre-milled (we use NT-Trading Preform with our own much enhanced libraries). Cycle time, finish, margin quality, completeness of machining and our ability to handle a very wide variety of severe abutment designs had customers confirming our position and coming back for more...and we're just warming up! A whole lot of surprises coming up soon.

I was also struck by the amount of negative-selling and misinformation that was being spread around by some of the vendors.

Also got to meet a couple of forum members which is always a treat. Enjoy your t-shirts guys, it was great to meet you.

A couple of pic's snapped by a cell phone just before the start of day 2. The t-shirts were a big hit. I was worried that visitors wouldn't "get it". They got it alright...:)
595d2c07-a62d-4fd6-b52f-5b86870dcf9b_zps76dfac1f.jpg

c391a65f-8cf3-4ee6-8128-9a56f98fa987_zpsd9efb0b4.jpg

Last edited:
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
It was a pleasure meeting you! I will have to say, with much disappointment, that my shirt was lost in the Chicago River. I was walking over to the Fairmont across the river with it draped over my shoulder as I put my hat and gloves on and a gust of wind snatched it right off my shoulder into the river. I was so pissed! Sorry about that! I'll have to get me another one another day.

But it seriously was nice to meet you and your team. Great product and team! Hope you guys do well in the future. Keep up the good work!

toothwiz

toothwiz

Reaction score
Just finished up a very successful and grueling couple of days exhibiting at LabDay 2014. Had a disastrous first day as the shipping company lost part of our display so we did not have a complete set-up. Oh well the show must go on I guess; but it's still a bummer. It also took me 13 hours to get to Chicago (from Detroit) which is normally a 40 minute flight. It was a truly a "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" journey. Ouch! It hurts just to think about it.

I was VERY encouraged and somewhat surprised (based on some of the claims being made) by just how far ahead we were in the machining of custom abutments; specifically Ti pre-milled (we use NT-Trading Preform with our own much enhanced libraries). Cycle time, finish, margin quality, completeness of machining and our ability to handle a very wide variety of severe abutment designs had customers confirming our position and coming back for more...and we're just warming up! A whole lot of surprises coming up soon.

I was also struck by the amount of negative-selling and misinformation that was being spread around by some of the vendors.

Also got to meet a couple of forum members which is always a treat. Enjoy your t-shirts guys, it was great to meet you.

A couple of pic's snapped by a cell phone just before the start of day 2. The t-shirts were a big hit. I was worried that visitors wouldn't "get it". They got it alright...:)
595d2c07-a62d-4fd6-b52f-5b86870dcf9b_zps76dfac1f.jpg

c391a65f-8cf3-4ee6-8128-9a56f98fa987_zpsd9efb0b4.jpg

I do remember you being a little afraid to post the t-shirts...good job! Glad you made the best of the show.

Top Bottom