Identica Medit - is it good?

renato

renato

Reaction score
Currently I have The Cercon Brain Expert System (All Closed - But Good Enough)
I do have Cerec AC Bluecams (Good For Small Cases) pared with a compact Mill (crap)

I bought a second hand imes 450i, but I am not taken fully advantage of what I can do with it.

I found a second hand Identica SE Scanner and wanna know if it will be a pain or otherwise.

I wanna do full arch cases and mill protocols. Identica SE Medit - is it good enough?

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
sell it as fast as you can before your projector fail and you have to pay a few bucks for repair normal is 1 buck if a projector is avialible but the medit idio-- forgot that

renato

renato

Reaction score
Thanks Cadfan, I didn't buy it yet.... I was about to see it Monday.

It comes with Exocad 2016 dongle license + Implant and Bar Modules

I did the maths, for the price I am actually buying the Exocad and getting a "free" scanner

How bad is the projector? I mean if it fails how much could it cost?

I may call the local medit resseler and quote it before buy.

Thanks again!

sell it as fast as you can before your projector fail and you have to pay a few bucks for repair normal is 1 buck if a projector is avialible but the medit idio-- forgot that

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
fc paid 4 bucks for his se projector cost for projector only maybe 500 dollar but they have none so everything must be changed , for bars with knowlege maybe i have an se too the problem with medit is they are storytellers

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
Medit no longer offers support for the SE's/ identica. You'd have to replace the bulb on your own which is built in to the camera. But if it's like getting exocad with a free scanner what do you have to lose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Renato,

The SE scanner is no longer made by Medit for two reasons:

1) The projector supplier no longer makes the parts.
2) The technology used in the SE was superseded by the new line of LED based scanners: Light, Blue, Hybrid.

The LED models are faster, more accurate and have a longer life than the SE model. Medit offered SE owners an upgrade path to the Medit Hybrid. SE owners were free to keep their scanner and only had to supply the serial number to qualify for the Hybrid upgrade. Those SE serial numbers no longer qualify for upgrades or repairs and can be used until they no longer function.

If you can send me the serial number for the SE scanner you are considering I can check to see if it was used for an upgrade to the Hybrid. I will send you a PM.

For users who don't need the features of the Hybrid Medit offers the Blue and the Light. The Light is currently offered at a promotional price and includes a free upgrade to the articulator option. Your Medit dealer can provide you with a quote if you are interested in learning more about the current models.

-Glenn

Top Bottom