How would u handle this case

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Have you looked at the recent research on accuracies of full arch scans?
Good idea to bypass path of insertion issue, but need to think about lack of accuracy of full arch scans.
LCM

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24240949
This is only one article out there. I am not sure how much better Trios is when tested rigorously.
LCM
The scanner softwares are updated pretty regularly. Stitching algorithms are improved with every new version. The accuracy of IO scans for full arch is getting better and better. I have spoken with some people who swear by it, I just don't believe that it is consistent as it needs to be for main stream.......yet.

Last edited:
prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Have you looked at the recent research on accuracies of full arch scans?
Good idea to bypass path of insertion issue, but need to think about lack of accuracy of full arch scans.
LCM
The only guy in the world that I know who can make accurate bars and screw retained bridges from trios/intra oral scan bodies is
i2 implantolgia ( Luis cuadrado)in Spain. I heard his lecture at IDS last March and it was very inspiring and I asked him if it was really true that he could make bars from trios/IO scan bodies, and he said
Yes yes yes. There is really an art side to scanning with trios and attention to detail and experience how to move your hand and immaculate scan bodies.
He is beta tester for 3 shape and everybody at IDS was saying he has somehow mastered this art.
I am gonna go to Spain and learn this from him. Although I have not been able to do this for even two implants though. Cuadrado says I need to come to Spain
Trios as an awesome machine. I have started to look at it with more respect now.

Last edited: