How to scan the hex of implant by Maestro3d scanner?

J

Jamalhajizadeh

Reaction score
Hi.im new here.so I need to know how can I scan the metal hex of implant by a 3d scanner? Any suggestion

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Hi.im new here.so I need to know how can I scan the metal hex of implant by a 3d scanner? Any suggestion[/QUOTE

for what ??? its hard to scan such parts if not impossible in a good resolution.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
You can't with a table top scanner.
Be ready to invest 200 000$ and more for a scanner that "could" potentially do it and that is if you understand to use such equipment.
I scan everyday metal analogs but even the internal hex (that i do not need to scan normally) is something almost impossible.
There is other equipment that exist to "measure" the internal hex but not scan it.

SO the question is "why for"?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
simple answer: you don't.

complex answer: in scanning Implant cases a special adapter is placed overtop of your implant, that has geometry that the scan software understands. it sees the placement of this special scanning adapter (scan body) and artificially places implant geometry in the scan model.since the software understands the geometry of the scan body, it knows the correct orientation of the implant.

alternative answer: if for whatever reason you want to scan the actual internal hex or thread then you either need to expose it, cut it in two, or scan using a very special scanner and software that is not found in Dental suppliers. using MRI or GPR you may do this.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Why scanning if you have the analog stl and the hex of implant ?

Capture01.jpg

Last edited: