Hot shot fix needed

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, anyone with a hot shot professional steamer know if there is supposed to be a gasket for the threaded reducer connector thing that that cap screws on to? It started leaking right there this morning and it seemed to have a ring of sorts…or mineral build up, it just crumbled when I touched it. So not sure if it was a legit gasket just severely worn out or. Should I Teflon tape it ow would it melt and make a mess?

55977277-3E43-4DBA-8930-39EDDD0ADE4B.jpeg

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Teflon tape is good to something like 450 F. How hot does it get?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Teflon tape is good to something like 450 F. How hot does it get?
Quick search brings up a wide variety of steamers from cooking to carpet and clothing says 215 - 375 degrees…trying to get myself to try harder for exact answers…

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on how high the pressure is. It’s 212ish at atmospheric pressure.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Where’s Zero when you need him? He’d know how to fix it.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I've tried Teflon tape before with my steamer, and it didn't work very good. Bring the cap into Ace hardware and see if they have some plastic or rubber gaskets that may work, as I believe there is a gasket that seats in the bottom of the cap.

It's what I'm going to try for my Steamman steamer as his blue rubber gaskets as well as the spring? inside the cap wears out to quickly.

20220720_130646.jpg

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Riley, did you find out from Garland or a vendor if you need a whole new cap or a gasket?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Call Walter Fedoriw @ Trident Sales. 561-826-9331. He's the goto guy for Hot Shot steamers.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I've tried Teflon tape before with my steamer, and it didn't work very good. Bring the cap into Ace hardware and see if they have some plastic or rubber gaskets that may work, as I believe there is a gasket that seats in the bottom of the cap.

It's what I'm going to try for my Steamman steamer as his blue rubber gaskets as well as the spring? inside the cap wears out to quickly.

View attachment 41175
Yup, those gaskets wear out quickly, and the whole cap wears out in about a year. The caps are the only thing that I have EVER seen the price go down on at Uncle Hank's. Used to be $79 and now they're $37.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Call Walter Fedoriw @ Trident Sales. 561-826-9331. He's the goto guy for Hot Shot steamers.
I agree. No matter what the problem, he will diagnose and send you the repair part and describe how to install. To the OP, the crude on that adapter looks to be pipe dope, but your problem is likely the cap. If is the pressure relief valve for the steamer and they last 6-8 yrs and then start leaking. Only repair is a new cap.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yup, those gaskets wear out quickly, and the whole cap wears out in about a year. The caps are the only thing that I have EVER seen the price go down on at Uncle Hank's. Used to be $79 and now they're $37.

Thank you Doris, as I use to get them from the guy in California, but I think we now need to go through a supplier. And I do use Uncle Hank routinely, so that will be in my next order :)

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Thank you Doris, as I use to get them from the guy in California, but I think we now need to go through a supplier. And I do use Uncle Hank routinely, so that will be in my next order :)
To be exact they are $37.49 each. When I saw the price had been reduced I ordered 2 last week when my old one bit the dust.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
If the gasket in the center where the arrow is pointing is broken or missing, that is the pressure release gasket and the cap must be replaced.

Attachments

• tempFileForShare_20220721-093039.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20220721-093039.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 2
mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread we were able to diagnose and solve our issue with Walters help from Trident. Our steamer beeped continually not intermittently as usually. He diagnosed it to be the h20 sensor. We cleaned it but no luck. Called him back and said a replacement is needed for $79. Also got a new cap due to this thread as well. I love this forum, thanks everyone.

Top Bottom