HIght Trans Zr stumpf die

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So I found out through experience that that my IPS Natural Die material won't cure cause the curing light isn't strong enough to reach it through the crown.
I've tried using the George taub die spacer colors but I don't like them. Anyone have a tip for me/us DLNers?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
So I found out through experience that that my IPS Natural Die material won't cure cause the curing light isn't strong enough to reach it through the crown.
I've tried using the George taub die spacer colors but I don't like them. Anyone have a tip for me/us DLNers?

Riley, what kind of light are you using and how long are you curing?

I have not heard of this happening and have been telling people for a couple years they should be doing this even with the materials like Zenostar T. I will look into this tomorrow and see if I can get a work-around for you.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Have you tried Harvest TruPrep die spacer? It's not bad.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Have you tried Harvest TruPrep die spacer? It's not bad.

It's what I'm phasing over to from Taub's spacer. Agree, it is a bit better and doesn't need so much thinner maintenance, at least for me.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I used Harvest when I was pressing, but I found that since light doesn't transfer through the dies I wasn't getting true shades.
Riley, quit pinching your wallet so hard and get a better curing light.:)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I used Harvest when I was pressing, but I found that since light doesn't transfer through the dies I wasn't getting true shades.
Riley, quit pinching your wallet so hard and get a better curing light.:)

Funny and Like. That's interesting 2thm8kr, I never considered that. I've always thought in terms of correct background color, and didn't consider some of the light transmission, light scattering that can occur through genuine stumph, ND material, especially at the thinner ging 1/3rd, margin area, and the Inc. 1/3rd, where it can be thinner as we bring our contour in.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I put a drop of medium in the crown to check the shade on the die. It seems to work pretty well, and with the die paint I can mimic the stump pics sent to me better than I could with ND material.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I put glaze liquid on the nd material for the same reason.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I put a drop of medium in the crown to check the shade on the die. It seems to work pretty well, and with the die paint I can mimic the stump pics sent to me better than I could with ND material.

At times I get the photos of a 2 shade prep, ND8 ging, ND7 Inc, and it sure is easier to paint those. I used to use glaze medium, but with the Taub spacer, at times it seemed to cause the paint to smear a bit on the inside of the crown, so now I just use Walgreens version of K-Y jelly (doesn't leave a gray residue shadow inside after glazing). It also helps keep the crowns and veneers on while finalizing for glazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom