Giroform drill pin getting stuck..

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
Hey everyone- recently got a giroform, and the drill pin is getting stuck in the mounting plate during drilling.... like really stuck. It was a new bit too; I also tried a whole new drill bit and same thing happened. Soooo it seems to cross 'dull bit' off the list. Has anyone had an issue with this or any trouble shoot ideas? Cheers

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone- recently got a giroform, and the drill pin is getting stuck in the mounting plate during drilling.... like really stuck. It was a new bit too; I also tried a whole new drill bit and same thing happened. Soooo it seems to cross 'dull bit' off the list. Has anyone had an issue with this or any trouble shoot ideas? Cheers
Puff of air into the chuck. Might have a bit of stone or stonedust under the bit that is not letting it bottom out properly and making it stand taller than intended.

That'd be my first guess from using the Pindex version

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If you bought it used, it may just be damaged... Its automated as it goes up and a down, so it sounds like a mechanism that isnt pulling the bit back down. I have one also, but I have never had that happen... Another thing to look at is maybe the plate is crooked in the holder, so when it drills in, its pinching the bit. Is it at least drilling in to the proper depth? Maybe the bit needs adjusted

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
JMN, the thing about the giroform is there is no dust or stone, it just cuts plastic spirals, you dont add stone until after its drilled. Although still a possiblity, I would doubt that holds it up. My bet is a weak motor thats not pulling chuck back out of base..

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
@Affinity It's brand new just out of the box, and it does drill to the proper depth. I've tried adjusting the screw to widen/ narrow the pin hole and it works, but the drill bit still gets stuck.. its like theres not enough power to get it through

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Hopefully its a 110v unit not a 220v like mine.. Sometimes they have a switch.. check that. That would make it underpowered, but if it were me, it would be back in the box and back to whoever you bought it from, could be a lemon. Shouldnt have that problem, should be all automated when you push the button. The newer ones have finger sensors I believe so dont take your fingers off until its done. Make sure it goes through the whole stroke up and down without the plastic.

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been trying to communicate with AG but the help desk isn’t the most accommodating..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thats an understatement. sprechen Sie deutsch?

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
@Affinity it says 230v on the serial number label... they have the worst customer service, I'm pretty sure the tech helping me has never used one let alone seen it in person. The thing is obviously under warranty and I already asked to exchange it but was followed up with "try reversing the mounting plate"---- ma'am it won't articulate if I reverse the plate and just for ****s n giggles I tried and same problem... all video recorded too. Face palm.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Do you have a step up transformer? Thats how I run mine. Sounds like its running at half power. Youre in the US on 110v right?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Or does it not have a switch on the back to switch to 110v? by the power plug

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
heres the switch

Attachments

• switch.png
    switch.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 12
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Unplug it before switching the switch. Had a powersupply go kabloey on me once when it was plugged in and getting switched over.

Top Bottom