Full contour screw retained implant crowns on 3shape

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Does 2012 have the ability to design full contour screw retained implants?
I know i can just get a titanium interface and scan as another option.
Is anyone doing this at the moment? what are the results like?
CAP guys, how are you doing them?
Thanks for your help!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i dont have a license for this in my 3shape, however my Laserdenta does. basically its not as fluid as you would think, but because this isnt directly 3shape related i might as well stop now and avoid the irrelevant details and skip to the finished product - which i dont find to be all that bad. screw retained 1piece crowns are extremely opaque and simply do not get to be translucent in any respect of the word, though. with a thick zircon abutment and a thin zircon full contour, you should get better results in terms of colouring and translucency if thats a big factor for you.

otherwise there is no real major considerations needed that would differ from the use of screw retained PFM.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Does 2012 have the ability to design full contour screw retained implants?
I know i can just get a titanium interface and scan as another option.
Is anyone doing this at the moment? what are the results like?
CAP guys, how are you doing them?
Thanks for your help!

Hi,
Yes we are doing themwith 3shape. We have not updated the company to 2012 version yet but im sure if 2011 supported it that 2012 will as well. I think we are updating today. Even with 2011 it really works well and is quite simple to do. Have you checked CAP Academy for a video on this? If we don't have one up I'll try to get Sam to post one this week.
If you need some help with this sooner give Sam a call on Monday and he can walk you through it 877-977-7889.
Good luck,
Bob
Bob

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
it will be very usefull.Right now i want to figure out how can it possibble to make a screw retained crown to any type of implant...do you have any info?Thanks

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
You could scan a titanium base interface, design the abutment portion on top of the base, mill out of zirconia and bond the two together.
Implant Direct has a nice selection of bases covering a few major implant/abutment interface geometries. The bases are titanium nitride plated, giving them a nice gold color.
scanbase.jpg

F

.:FIN:.

Reaction score
We do also anatomical screw-retained crowns with 3shape. You are able to design single crowns with both 2011 and 2012 versions, but if you like to also design anatomical screw-retained bridges, you will need 2012 version.

We use always ti-bases as part of the struction.

Tero

Tero

Reaction score
We mill screwretained onepiece anatomical abutments and implant bridges on Astra and Xive systems.
No any Ti inserts needed.
we use 3shape 2012.

Jyrsintkeskus

Tero

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
3Shape 2012 can do the screw retained full contour crowns and bridges. The 2010 (last version) could do it also, kind of. It was very buggy and a lot of times it wouldn't put the hole in the crown or it would give the wrong pieces, fixed in the newer software.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
You could scan a titanium base interface, design the abutment portion on top of the base, mill out of zirconia and bond the two together.
Implant Direct has a nice selection of bases covering a few major implant/abutment interface geometries. The bases are titanium nitride plated, giving them a nice gold color.

So if i understand you right,if i want to make a screw retained bridge i need a scanabutment and a platform...without them it's impossible....?!?

There are a lot of implant system without scan abutment and base platform...i want to figure out how can i make screw retained bridges.....

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
So if i understand you right,if i want to make a screw retained bridge i need a scanabutment and a platform...without them it's impossible....?!?

There are a lot of implant system without scan abutment and base platform...i want to figure out how can i make screw retained bridges.....

Metal substructure (PFM) or all porcelain bridge?

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
I like to make sooner or later both.:) I have to find a solution,because in my country there aren't many talented ceramicst.So i like to make POM (press on metal) and POZ(press on zirkon) bridges.I like to design them with my Dental Designer software.

I read - here in this forum - a very good combo to full contour zirconia works i want to do it too....

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
If you're fine with bonding the zirconia unit to the metal interface then you don't need a scan kit. If you want to have a 1 piece unit, with interface milled into the crown, then you need to have a scan kit.

C

Caver

Reaction score
Labwa,
1. Set up your order as "Anatomy", select first option "Crown".
2. Scan your gold cylinder that you would cast to. I angle or notch the cylinder so I have a key to position the crown on the cylinder in the final cementation.
3. Design your crown as you would. Run the slider to remove the model and just have the crown visible.
4. Rotate crown so you are viewing the underside (the interface area) as best you can, so you you are looking down the scanned hole viewing all the walls with no under-cuts.
5. After the crown is designed, in the sculpt toolkit select the 4th icon from the left, "attachment".
6. Select holes, then in the drop down box select holes. I use the "Hole 3.0 X 5.0 MM
7. Place the hole centered over where you want the hole through the crown.
8. Rotate the crown to vies from any side. You can do some minor angle adjustments, and lengthen the hole. I place the hole template down into my gold cylinder.
9. After my crown is finished, I cement the gold cylinder into the finished crown with Fugi Plus Glass Ionomer cement.

Try this technique and see if it works for you. I have done a number of implant crowns this way with good results
GOOD LUCK

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
wow. never thought of using the attachment function! thanks

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thank you as well Caver, that is a brilliant idea.

I have just started to explore the attachment function and found I can add handles to metal cad/cast copings in the same manner.

Can you post some screen shots ?

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Nice solution Caver,
Just remember to use a non indexing interface or if not available to obliterate the indexing feature just enough to make the units seat if you have splinted units.

F

.:FIN:.

Reaction score
Why you use gold cylinders instead of ti-bases? If I understood right it is little odd for me to cement zr to gold...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We just scan Ti base as a prep and design full-contour and export.

We can punch a hole into the design after the Dental CAD using other software, or we use the feature like described above that may be in your lab's CAD software, or grind a hole in Green-state.

No real tricks necessary. Very basic.

We keep hole slightly smaller than the opening of the Ti base, but bigger than screw head of course.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Hey all,

We just added a new video on how to set-up and design a screw retained crown in 3Shape:

CAP Academy: 3Shape Screw Retained Crown Video

This works in 3Shape 2010 or 2012, screw retained bridges (which I will be doing a video on shortly) seem to only work well in 3Shape 2012.

I hope you enjoy it!

Sam

Top Bottom