Formlabs Castable Material

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I preheat in the oven until 750 for 10min and then 900 degrees for 30min, but it brake before get to 750
Okay, can't get high enough even to set at the too short times you are trying to use...
Make sure your parts are fully cured, cleaned, and ready in all respects exactly as the instructions, uh.., instruct. No shortcuts.
Check the investment to ensure it's intended to be used for this purpose.
Check your mix ratios.

J

Joshue

Reaction score
yeah to me that seems too short.

back when we used to cast 3dsystems castable resin it was up to 900c for several hours before the void was voided and a good casting could be done.
Okay, can't get high enough even to set at the too short times you are trying to use...
Make sure your parts are fully cured, cleaned, and ready in all respects exactly as the instructions, uh.., instruct. No shortcuts.
Check the investment to ensure it's intended to be used for this purpose.
Check your mix ratios.
I know no shortcuts, also my burn out processor takes around 2.5 -3 hours I increase the temperature to 720for 1 hour the I hold it 15min, then I heat up to 880 it takes 30 to 40min and then I hold it for 30 to 40 min, I been pressing like this without any problem with milling wax, dipping and modeling wax, but when I try to burn out the formlab casting resin the casting rings brakes(explode) there is any protocol to burnout this product??

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I know no shortcuts, also my burn out processor takes around 2.5 -3 hours I increase the temperature to 720for 1 hour the I hold it 15min, then I heat up to 880 it takes 30 to 40min and then I hold it for 30 to 40 min, I been pressing like this without any problem with milling wax, dipping and modeling wax, but when I try to burn out the formlab casting resin the casting rings brakes(explode) there is any protocol to burnout this product??
There is a big difference between wax and a polymer which is a plastic.

How do you know you're following the protocol if you don't know what it is?
search terms on Google: Formlabs Castable
It was the first result...
https://support.formlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000018024-Using-Castable-Resin

4 stage burnout, far slower and longer than your current setup. It's all there.