firing pegs

A

AL1

Reaction score
Is there a firing peg out there for emax that you dont have to fill with peg putty so as to isolate it from the peg?
I use master ceramist pegs with emax and always fill the crowns so they are not touching metal.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
PEGS

Al, master ceramist inc. also makes all ceramic pegs that may work. They come in a couple different shapes. Google Master Ceramist Inc. or ceramic firing pegs. Good luck!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I use the honey comb trays with the metal pegs I either set the crowns on the metal pegs or directly on the tray.
That the way Ivoclar taught so thats the way I do it.

No problems.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
I use the Master Ceramist molar and bicuspid (large and small) pegs with no problems. They support the crowns better than anything I've ever used. I use the straight metal pegs for anterior though. For veneers and hard to hang crowns I just put them on the fibre-free tray, sometimes I'll have to bump up the firing temp. The only time I use the insta peg is for healing a crack in an emax crown.

DarrenS

DarrenS

Reaction score
I use the Master Ceramist molar and bicuspid (large and small) pegs with no problems. They support the crowns better than anything I've ever used. I use the straight metal pegs for anterior though. For veneers and hard to hang crowns I just put them on the fibre-free tray, sometimes I'll have to bump up the firing temp. The only time I use the insta peg is for healing a crack in an emax crown.

Can you tell me how you can heal a crack in e.Max please? Call me at my office if you wish 727-799-1011, ask for Darren. Thanks!

designasmile

designasmile

Reaction score
Start at 400 C, go up to a high temp of 800C @ 45 C/min, hold for 1 min then SLOW COOL for 25 min or for as long as your oven can be set.
It has worked in a Pro 90 that only had a maximum slow cool of 17 min. Use peg putty. It has worked every time for me.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I use the honey comb trays with the metal pegs I either set the crowns on the metal pegs or directly on the tray.
That the way Ivoclar taught so thats the way I do it.

No problems.

Same here. Been using that tech for years, using the posterior/anterior Master Ceramist metal tipped pegs: Metal-Tipped Pegs

I use the refractory putty only when I see it may be "tippie" on the peg.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hey guys here what I can offer you as far as pegs are concerned $1.50 each.
The flexible metal pegs are $4.99 each. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

TD Dental Supply

Ron
(Manager)

TD Dental Supply
(877) 358-5833

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks Ron :) The T-008 looks intriguing. Looks to be easier to manipulate (bend) than the stiffer ones I'm using.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Car54, give me a ring or PM me you're email. I'd like to send you some free samples and our
price catalog.

Ron
(Manager)

TD Dental Supply
(877)358-5833

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, Ron, it was good talking to you :)

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Can you tell me how you can heal a crack in e.Max please? Call me at my office if you wish 727-799-1011, ask for Darren. Thanks!

Fill your crown with peg putty/object fix...
Lay the crown occlusion side down in a little bitty cup of very thin glaze/glaze liquid mix for 10-15 minutes.
Fire.
Get lucky.