Emax ingot for D2

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Hi all

Generally we press in 1 shade lighter, but without a D1 ingot what has everyone been pressing for a D2 shade.

If it was a posterior i would prolly press in D2 but its a central.

Any thoughts ?
Cheers

Tony

user name

user name

Reaction score
I feel your pain. The chart shows D-2 ingot for all stump shades using the lt ingot. They do a pretty good job overall, but even staining the ging. to be accurate, the inc. 2/3 can be alittle low value. I deal with it on mono posteriors, but havent done a mono central. I think the lt D-2 with a very slight labial cut back and a thin I1 over 2/3 would be close. hopefully others will shed light.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hi all

Generally we press in 1 shade lighter, but without a D1 ingot what has everyone been pressing for a D2 shade.

If it was a posterior i would prolly press in D2 but its a central.

Any thoughts ?
Cheers

Tony

If you have a lighter stump shade (prep shade) go ahead and press the D2 LT. like was posted earlier as well, you can do a slight cutback and layer it ("enamalizing" I call it) with the corresponding incisals, and if you need to "bump" the value up you can frame in say like, an OE4 powder. I wouldn't overthink it, before they had all the shades of ingots, it was recommened to go with B1 and stain down, but I feel that would be a taller order. D2 and D3 are tough shades with everything we do, but if you don't have a darker prep, you should be in good shape!

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Thanks guys
I went with D2 LT and cut back then used a little W/B powder to bring up value