E.MAX HELP

A

azahnart

Reaction score
Half Moon Bay is having the annual pumkin fest today... and as usual im @ the lab!!!!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
regarding the 'wash'...

If you look in the emax press guide pg. 40, there are two ways of doing a wash/bonding firing. When I say wash I dont mean the wash paste from the Empress kit, I mean in a technique sense; Like a very light wash of the glycerin and essence powders. ( i sprinkle clear over top and fire- fun idea to help scattered the light.)
I believe the essence powders have more flouresence in them than the Empress universal stain kit.( any confirmation on that?)

Try universal stains vs. essence stains, see what you like- Order maybe just 2-3 stains for internal enhancement.???

I use the essence powder 'wash' when I have minimal room to layer my enamel, and need to create depth and contrast, again see pg. 40 in emax press guide.

Good Luck!
I never have tried any essence powders.
What are the most common colors you use from ther kit. I think I will order some shades. What do you use to mix them with glaze liquid?

What do you mean buy clear do they have a clear essence or do you mean clear porc.?

I personally do not trust just using the stain as a wash/bond bake unless I dust the coping with layering powder at the same time.
When I cut back the incisal irregular I have found the porc did not always bond into the nooks and crannies, I have found it would sometimes pull away form some of these areas rather than shrink into them.
Its safe for me to fill in these areas with a seperate bake after the stain.
I like using a bit of OE1 in those areas.
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_t2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_t1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_t2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_t1.jpg

A

AL1

Reaction score
It sounds like you are using the universal stains that you used with empress 2 and aesthetics on emax but not the wash pastes from the aesthetics kit then you put a foundation bake over that and then the incisal powders. Not clear on what you are using for foundation bake and temperatures that are being used.If I dont have essence to use as foundation bake can I use a thin coat of incisal from emax or emax paste stains?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
It sounds like you are using the universal stains that you used with empress 2 and aesthetics on emax but not the wash pastes from the aesthetics kit then you put a foundation bake over that and then the incisal powders. Not clear on what you are using for foundation bake and temperatures that are being used.If I dont have essence to use as foundation bake can I use a thin coat of incisal from emax or emax paste stains?

A thin coat of your layering porc is what is recommended for your foundation, wash or bond coat what ever each person calls it.

For MO ingots I ususally dust it with Deep Dentin for my wash bake for LT where you only add the incisal 1/3 I use incisal.

Forget about your wash pastes those are strickly for the Esthetic ingots.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
AL,
These venners are presed in emax BL3. I painted yellow on the cervical 1/8 I used blue on the M & D and a couple of fingers and I laid some crackliner and white vertically. .

Al

When you say you used some "Crackliner" are you talking about a specific powder that is in the Emax kit or something you have made up yourself?

Cheers
Tony

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Crackliner is a stain in the empress universal stain kit and the Inline kit has it also. It looks like French Vanilla.

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
<<<Here is one with a desired final of B1 with a very dark prep, almost black.
The chart called for BL3 ingot.
That is what I used but I layered layered the facial so the value wouldnt be so high.>>>

Wow, that is a great match given the difficulty of the case. I am sure both patient and doctor were surprised and pleased.

Top Bottom