Designing Clear Aligners: Free and Open Source

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Ok Ok, I know what your thinking....there he goes again, polluting our forum with this off the wall nerd stuff. No worries, I just wanted to give a sneak peak of my next project. I won't be documenting it here since I'm not sure if I will have the time/energy to devote to it like my previous project. But, there is definitely potential.

YouTube - Procaster 20110316 000415

YouTube - Ortho with blender.wmv

(videos are <1 minute combined)

S

Sune

Reaction score
I like the look of this!
How long time for the segmentation of the teeth?

Do you need some "orthomodels" in STL? - let me know!

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
yeah, segmenting the teeth is by far the most time consuming (from 30 sec to 2 minutes per tooth depending on how challenging)....and I don't have a good solution for that. I've been working on my other work (3 unit bridges at the moment) but I still brainstorm about how to quickly segment teeth all the time. Anyway, I'm almost done with my C&B hobby (see the other thread) at which point I will come back to the ortho. Sure, if you want to send me some ortho models for fun, sign up for Dropbox using my referral link (I'm almost out of space!) and shoot me a pm or email. patrick dot moore dot bu at gmail dot com.

http://db.tt/uF28nIl (sorry for the sketchy link, but this is how Dropbox gives it to me)

actually, shameless plug, if anyone wants to sign up....that would be awesome :)

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Your work is very impressive. Mark said something about you being at university. Are you sleeping at night?

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
acdn.someecards.com_someecards_usercards_1304457054867_7265272.png

:) I do alright for sleep. I am a 2nd year DMD student and lately I haven't had as much time to play as in the past, but overall, I just use this as an escape when I can't stay focussed on real work. There have only been a few occasions where I have let this slide in the way of things I should have been doing...but hey, that could have been anything...tv, sports, video games. We all have our hobbies.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Also Labwa, thank you very much for your kind words. I realized that what I have displayed here is rather out of date in terms of my progress. Here is a video I made for some of my collaborators to show them the methods/features I was working on. This was showing the soft tissue following the teeth a little better (and automatically :) and how the animation system can be used to export models at any point along the timeline of tooth movement. The second part shows how to make a simple base that can be stitched to scan data so that a solid study model could be sla/print/milled etc.

YouTube - ‪Ortho Process Updates‬&rlm;

disclaimer...I know nothing about ortho! The movement in this video was just trying to get solid tooth movement and soft tissue following along dynamically...so I probably violated some craniofacial relationships

IVY

IVY

Reaction score

:) I do alright for sleep. I am a 2nd year DMD student and lately I haven't had as much time to play as in the past, but overall, I just use this as an escape when I can't stay focussed on real work. There have only been a few occasions where I have let this slide in the way of things I should have been doing...but hey, that could have been anything...tv, sports, video games. We all have our hobbies.

Pat for second year DMD you are light years ahead of your peers! Keep it up, one day we'll all be attending your lectures!

Top Bottom