CMC Another schein horror!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So word is out that CMC out of the blue no longer is doing abutments period. Hearing this from a lot of people on FaceBook. AGAIN without warning, SORRY WE CAN NO LONGER MAKE YOUR ABUTMENTS! Man anything Schein gets a hold of now a days sucks. I only used them for Sweden Martina abutmens and nothing else cause they are soo bad. Anyone else feeling the pain of uncle Shcein and CMC? Coming from X employees of CMC, it's a **** show!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I tried them for a abutment years ago. That was it, one was all it took for me to go elsewhere.
No wonder they may be shutting that down, let alone everyone else who mills abutments.

Is there a yearly FDA abutment renewal fee, that they may also be saving on that cost,
or is it a one time purchase thing?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Our first foray into CAD was through Schein. They sold us a Dental Wings.....ARGH!!! Our support was through CMC and my experience with them was pretty awful. In their defense, DW was pretty awful so I am sure it was no fun on their end. So I learned on Dental Wings for two years and then figured out that it wasn't me, it was the CAD system we were using. So we went out and got a 3Shape about 6 years ago and have never looked back. ;)

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Oh man...When I was still in the lab we purchased a Dental Wings 7 series from Henry Schein. 5 months later, they dropped our support and left us high and dry. Needless to say, we didn't do much business with them after that.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
You can get Sweden & Martina abutments through CREO Dental. Im sending them my stuff now. FDA cleared, competitive price, fit and finish is good for 3rd party. Happy overall.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Second that on Creo Dental. We are moving all milled Ti abutments to them. Ny based so we get next day shipping.
Also are using scan bodies for local milled hybrids. By the way I am "supposed" to be getting call back from Glidewell
to set up our 3shape to send ti abutments. That was over a week ago, hence why we are moving over to Creo dent.