Charge for verification jig

• Thread starter Old School Dentures
  • Start date
O

Old School Dentures

Reaction score
I’m making a verification jig for a future hybrid screw retained denture. I have no idea what to charge the dentist. The jig has 5 interfaces. What do you guys charge for these ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
the material isnt the costly part....few temp abutments or something i presume....the labor of setting it up is key. depends upon what you are using and how long it takes you

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
The jig has 5 interfaces. What do you guys charge for these ?

As SSB mentioned above, depends on your time and effort you put in them. I charge per quadrant. I think I have it at 65/quadrant, plus model work (that I would charge anyway) and abutments you use. Upon request, I have used the impression copings, too...

O

Old School Dentures

Reaction score
As SSB mentioned above, depends on your time and effort you put in them. I charge per quadrant. I think I have it at 65/quadrant, plus model work (that I would charge anyway) and abutments you use. Upon request, I have used the impression copings, too...

I used the impression copings, and not much labor involved but thank you the 65 per quadrant is I a good starting point
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Make sure your jig is fabricated with non-engaging interfaces. The fee for the jig is included
in the hybrid fee. They can be used more than once. Or as mentioned above that I do occasionally,
use the impression copings as long as they are non-engaging.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Depends on the parts if doc want to use oem templ cylinders 250.00 plus, if they don't care use generic ones glidewell has them for cheap. Like 30.00 each so parts your in for 150.00 already, some cold cure clear acrylic and done.

You can also pitch them just for the labor and they return the jig once the model has been verified and you keep the parts for a future case. This will keep the price down if the doctor cries. The reason these cases so pricey is due to the fact you need temp cylinders, first set of Ti bases for the pmma then a possible second set, fokllowed by the large zr disc if you do zr.

What ever you do, do not under sell yourself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
M

mikemed66

Reaction score
Include as part of your package don't nickel and dime the Dr's if you do several cases of different systems you'll have all you need and you can reuse them . They appreciate not seeing in the bill and feel they are getting good value

Top Bottom