Anyone been beta testing ArgenZ HT+ Multi-layer?

J

jcbdmd

Reaction score
I saw where it was officially released a couple of days ago, but I could have sworn it had been out "unofficially" for some time.

If so, how does it compare to the other ML pucks on the esthetics to be such a high strength.

We have had pt's fracture HT+, so I don't know how much of the 1250Mpa claim is superiority vs. marketing fluff.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I have 4 test units sintering as we speak. I'll post back later.

It was previously available if you sent a file in to be milled at Argen, but the disks to be purchased just happened Monday.
I haven't had a HT+ single or bridge break or fracture yet. It could have something to do with not slow cooling when glazing (cracks),
maybe during adjusting zirconia leaving micro cracks?

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
And my verdict. it's wonderful stuff :)

The shades are really close, very good hue and chroma. Maybe just a little touch up with ging stain color and you're spot on.
The Inc for not being a trans 5y Inc, looks very nice. I would have no problem using this for bridges, single molars and doing
a facial cut back for anterior's, knowing the shade underneath is accurate and won't go low value on me.

The disc's I was able to get were the 12mm A2 and A3.
The molars were centered in the disc, 1mm from the top, and 1mm from the bottom. The Bi was right at the top, and 2mm from the bottom.
The first 2 photo's are of the A2, and the other two are of the A3.

Argen HT Plus Multi2b.jpg

IMG_3275a.JPG

IMG_3276a.JPG

IMG_3283a.JPG

IMG_3282a.JPG

MrMolar

MrMolar

Reaction score
@Car 54 what cycle did you run these on? I've found for some of our ML stuff, the long 14 hour cycle seems to be ideal.

J

jcbdmd

Reaction score
And my verdict. it's wonderful stuff :)

Great post, absolutely better than I was hoping for. I have used HT+ for about 90% of where I would have used mono e.max in the past (1-2nd premolar-to-protected-1st molar). And other than the odd fracture (maybe due to a sharp prep or bad sinter),it has been great.

However, I have really wished for a little more trans in the incisal 3rd. This is very encouraging. It's also going to improve everybody else's products in the long run, so I hope that Argen sees great success with this one.

Do you (or anyone else on here) have any comparisons with DentalDirekt Cube One ML you could share. I had one of my labs special order a puck of it for a 6-11 bridge I did and I really liked their value and chroma. Wondering about it from the lab's perspective.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@Car 54 what cycle did you run these on? I've found for some of our ML stuff, the long 14 hour cycle seems to be ideal.

Just the 7.5 hour cycle, which in my oven is just under 8.
I have done "speed" cycles of 5 hours with HT+ dipped for totally facially layered single anteriors, and they come out nice.

MrMolar

MrMolar

Reaction score
Just the 7.5 hour cycle, which in my oven is just under 8.
I have done "speed" cycles of 5 hours with HT+ dipped for totally facially layered single anteriors, and they come out nice.
Ive had them hit or miss. but the 7.5 hour cycle for most everything else seems to get them spot on.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Ive had them hit or miss. but the 7.5 hour cycle for most everything else seems to get them spot on.

I'm just not up for a 14 hour cycle unless it's a bigger bridge. Most of my normal sinter cycles are in the 8 - 10 hour time range.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
HTML is a wonderful disk we like Sevan have been on board since the Alpha and its a winner. Shades very good, we are NOW just starting to release the product to our clients and I agree with Sevan it is more esthetic than Prime.

J

jcbdmd

Reaction score
Anyone have any comparisons to DD Cube One Ml?

Top Bottom