Anodizing abutments

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Some of my implants can't be anodized so I am going to do it my self. Now the question is I understand the voltage needed has to be 100 or more. Does the Amps matter as well?
Rick

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
several things matter in Anodizing any metal: the Voltage, the acidity of solution, the time in the dip, the temperature of the dip, the conductance of the wires, and the distance between anode and cathode.

i recommend a few quick youtube demos about this process:

language warning on some of those vids.

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Figured it out and trying to arder one now. Thanks ROb Teachout! I have everything I need but the wrong DC convertor.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
is the anodizing of abutments just its color, does it have an effect on the subgangular?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, he had a stroke

subglangaler sbugbangelear shabangalaner slabananager

BackKindDorking-small.gif

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
Painfulpleasures.com (I know it sounds dirty, but its a body piercing site) I bought the kit they have for I believe around $250. It works great, I am able to do a variety of colors. It really makes my custom abutments stand out.

Attachments

• image0(1).jpeg
    image0(1).jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 17
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Figured it out and trying to arder one now. Thanks ROb Teachout! I have everything I need but the wrong DC convertor.
No problem Bud!!! Happy Anondizing :)

J

john ackley

Reaction score
On a somewhat related note can anyone share with me a good way to prevent or remove the oxidation we get on an abutment when we need to debond it from the crown?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
On a somewhat related note can anyone share with me a good way to prevent or remove the oxidation we get on an abutment when we need to debond it from the crown?
I go over it with a used polishing bristle, without adding polishing compound (!). Whatever is left on the bristle is enough. No pressure applied and low speed. It doesn't take much to get rid of it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
brass bristle brush

J

john ackley

Reaction score
I go over it with a used polishing bristle, without adding polishing compound (!). Whatever is left on the bristle is enough. No pressure applied and low speed. It doesn't take much to get rid of it.
Thanks, we will try this approach