Angled scew access channel availability.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
814584_BB_00_FB.EPS_400.jpg

Solved...next problem?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Well I've seen a lot of cases where the Doc requests a screw retained restoration, but after informing them that the screw channel on an anterior comes straight through the facial, they no longer get what they originally wanted.
This application may be usefull for me in the future. In fact I have a case in front of me we did a cemantable restoration on but the doc originally wanted a screw retained anterior. Just couldn't do it. I would just need someone to mill me an angled anotomical abutment, and yes a zirc interface. I know I know, but doctors orders, oh well...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Well I've seen a lot of cases where the Doc requests a screw retained restoration, but after informing them that the screw channel on an anterior comes straight through the facial, they no longer get what they originally wanted.
This application may be usefull for me in the future. In fact I have a case in front of me we did a cemantable restoration on but the doc originally wanted a screw retained anterior. Just couldn't do it. I would just need someone to mill me an angled anotomical abutment, and yes a zirc interface. I know I know, but doctors orders, oh well...

What fixture is it Marc?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
The case in front of me.
#7 Bio Horizon 3mm Internal Hex we evantually just built a cast abutment and made a PFZ over... This case we werent asked for a zirc interface. Just a cast abut screw retained, but the screw channel comes straight through the facial, so we had to say, "Cant do." and we built the PFZ. I did however build the original screw retained temp with a hole in the facial. That wasn't too terrible looking.
What fixture is it Marc?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Having to do anything on a 3.0 on many of the implant mfg is just a bitch. Perfect placement is a must for long term success of these fixtures, sadly any dumb ass that extracts an incisor thinks he can place one of these narrow platforms and get good results because he can hit bone now because they are so small.

I hate them most of the time but in the hands of someone that plans and executes they can be great.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I hear you John, I get the 3.0 blues as well.

I sure wish they made ti bases for these.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I hear you John, I get the 3.0 blues as well.

I sure wish they made ti bases for these.

As I see it, it is physically impossible and still emerge from the fixture. The width of the head of the screw along with the width of the ti insert along with the outside wall diameter of the Zirconia will not allow a sub 3.2mm emergence. Now with that said using a stock abutment cutting it down and glueing it in can be done but look at the emergence, looks ugly.

Ever wonder why the screws are so damn tiny and the torque settings are so low for those fragile screws even for stock abutments?

Even on NP fixtures larger than 3.5mm I feel I am reverse platform shifting with cad bases.

The only solution would be a new material to make the screw out of ( higher strength) with a total revamp of the tooling required to torque.

I just don't see that happening.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
As I see it, it is physically impossible and still emerge from the fixture. The width of the head of the screw along with the width of the ti insert along with the outside wall diameter of the Zirconia will not allow a sub 3.2mm emergence. Now with that said using a stock abutment cutting it down and glueing it in can be done but look at the emergence, looks ugly.

Ever wonder why the screws are so damn tiny and the torque settings are so low for those fragile screws even for stock abutments?

Even on NP fixtures larger than 3.5mm I feel I am reverse platform shifting with cad bases.

The only solution would be a new material to make the screw out of ( higher strength) with a total revamp of the tooling required to torque.

I just don't see that happening.

I wont modify a stock abutment. I've had 3 fracture .

I think a custom ti abutment is the only option for these. Screw retained seems out of the question from what I've experienced.

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
You can angle the channels yourself up to 17 degrees if you use cast

You can tilt the channels yourself up to 17 degrees if you use casttecnique.

Then you should use slotted screws

Otherwise ibride2 works very good.

Received yesterday an entire maxilla in CoCr perfectly machined.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Cool, cut it in half and show me the screw channel!

Thanks in advance....

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
I will see about screw availability if Scotty wants to try it. I did notice the diameter of the screw head is much smaller than most based on the thread diameter. This would not only support the lolly pop theory but also make the access channel slightly more familiar in size, the driver is just a micro rendition of what we all have in our garages for driving allen head bolts from an angle.
I tried emailing both companies and have not received any response. Talladium doesnt support the system anymore, I was told staffing issues. I did a duralay mock up on the case today and I will only need a couple of degrees to fully clear the incisal edge so I may encourage a nt trading 2-connect style hybrid.....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score

We have been experimenting with milling One-piece Zr abutments recently.

They look and fit great.

We even have done them in multiple colors with Pink below Ginviva and any color you want on top.

Working on angled channel this coming week. It is totally possible! ;)

You ever seen these before? Probably looking at $59, plus design time, and you tell Doc to go get a NEW, real screw from manufacture. (Or you buy it for him:?) I don't like providing screws because we don't want labs using them, then passing-off to Doc a used screw.

When Doc buys his own screws, then he should know exactly what driver to use and what torq-spec, also knows that it is clean and un-used. I think this is best.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
We have been experimenting with milling One-piece Zr abutments recently.

They look and fit great.

We even have done them in multiple colors with Pink below Ginviva and any color you want on top.

Working on angled channel this coming week. It is totally possible! ;)

You ever seen these before? Probably looking at $59, plus design time, and you tell Doc to go get a NEW, real screw from manufacture. (Or you buy it for him:?) I don't like providing screws because we don't want labs using them, then passing-off to Doc a used screw.

When Doc buys his own screws, then he should know exactly what driver to use and what torq-spec, also knows that it is clean and un-used. I think this is best.
I send everything to Atlantis. And receive an additional screw for an arm and a leg. The new screw gets stapled onto the original RX and sent back to the doc. Would be nice if Atlantis offered lab screws...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We have screws also....$10. They are just from Glidwell, and I buy $4k worth of implant stuff from them at a time to reduce cost.

But I prefer to have Doc know what he is doing and get in habit of keeping them in stock in his office.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
It will rattle down to the bottom. No problem.

Doc may have more chance of cross-threading the screw! WHOOPS!
Or stripping the head of the hex, then you are really screwed. Easier to get
it in, then trying to remove it. And if one fractures the portion that snaps is deep down enough,
you may no longer be able to use the implant if it snaps while trying to pull
it out or force it in.
Straumann and Nobel have angled abutments (Type A & B even
for Straumann) for a reason to get a screwed in prosthesis.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
814584_BB_00_FB.EPS_400.jpg

Solved...next problem?

Dude why you gotta hold out on your secret weapon till now?! LOL to they make a 050 and t5 fittings? What torque wrench is used with that? LOL

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
There must be a way of making one of those for implants.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
We have screws also....$10. They are just from Glidwell, and I buy $4k worth of implant stuff from them at a time to reduce cost.

But I prefer to have Doc know what he is doing and get in habit of keeping them in stock in his office.
I worked for Jim GL many years ago. So I called some old coworkers and inquired about an assortment of screws so I could just keep them layin around in the lab and use instead of the final screws. They never got back to me, so screw em. pun intended

Last edited:
Top Bottom