5M-2

C

CShof

Reaction score
Just got a call from a dentist saying they have a patient where A4 doesn't quite look right but the 5M-2 looks much better. Do any denture tooth manufacturers sell these shades? I'm looking for a premium tooth but brand does not matter. Thanks.

C

CShof

Reaction score
Oh cool, I've never ordered vita brand teeth before. For some reason I was thinking those were crown and bridge shades.

Can someone compare the difference in vitapan teeth and physiodens? Then tell me how each compares in quality to portraits?

Thanks.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Vitapan are 5 layers ( I think) Physiodens are 7 layers

I use them both for Diagnostic set ups for implant cases.
Both look more natural than the IPN portraits. (IMHO)

C

CShof

Reaction score
Haha ok. I'm completely stupid so I'll need it spelled out more clearly. Say I'm holding up the vita teeth next to a portrait, will they both be comparable in esthetics to a portrait or is one inferior? They do both cost more. Are they both better and one is lot better? How do they wear compared to a portrait? That's more what I'm looking for.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Ok just about any Premium tooth is better looking than a portrait.

It will look better

It will wear about the same as an IPN tooth

As for the 5m2 shade VITA is the only place to get it.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Almost any tooth is nicer than Portrait. The Portrait teeth have the fakest looking mammelons of any denture tooth I have ever seen. They look like cheap teeth to be used for a throw-away spare denture.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Almost any tooth is nicer than Portrait. The Portrait teeth have the fakest looking mammelons of any denture tooth I have ever seen. They look like cheap teeth to be used for a throw-away spare denture.
I was at the Densply booth & overheard someone describe the portrait teeth as cadaver teeth, and upon contemplation they do look rather dead. I believe the original molds with excessive mammelons were copied from Dr. Frenches teeth produced in the 1900"s (I have the Dr.French mold guide in my antique collection.)

C

CShof

Reaction score
Haha ok. I'm completely stupid so I'll need it spelled out more clearly. Say I'm holding up the vita teeth next to a portrait, will they both be comparable in esthetics to a portrait or is one inferior? They do both cost more. Are they both better and one is lot better? How do they wear compared to a portrait? That's more what I'm looking for.

Hey 2thm8kr, I apologize for coming off like a smart a$$. I've been under a ton of stress lately but its absolutely no excuse. I'm embarrassed by my unprofessionalism. I am truly sorry and I hope you can forgive my poor choice of words, I don't want to offend anyone and make enemies. You are all a wonderful group of most helpful people and I thank you all for helping out a guy who's still relatively new to this field and has lots to learn.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hey 2thm8kr, I apologize for coming off like a smart a$$. I've been under a ton of stress lately but its absolutely no excuse. I'm embarrassed by my unprofessionalism. I am truly sorry and I hope you can forgive my poor choice of words, I don't want to offend anyone and make enemies. You are all a wonderful group of most helpful people and I thank you all for helping out a guy who's still relatively new to this field and has lots to learn.

No worries! No offense taken. :cool: