3M Tru Def models

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Bob, do you think the scans are inconsistent in accuracy, or the prints?

jerry

jerry

Reaction score
there is anyone use this┏ (^ω^)=☞E-MODEL.

Sent from my HUAWEI C8812 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384080385174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384080385174.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 31
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384080415889.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384080415889.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 27
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
@bob - I'm confused. You have a model printer - why are you buying models from 3M?

FYI - I just bought a TruDef scanner for a client to use, and with which I can do demos for other clients. I went thru the chairside training last week. The doctor cannot actually mark the margins, but he can annotate the scans prior to upload. The margin marking software is not much improved, but I am kinda by-passing it by just downloading the .stl files into ModelBuilder. I can mark the margins there with less effort. We are printing our own models on an MP3500..

All the work I did with this model was prior to owning a model printer. I know things have not changed much since the Lava COS. 3M lost all the brain power from Brontes when they moved the division to St. Paul. I believe they'd had 80-100 engineers, support, marketing and product development people here in Mass. When thy moved they took just one lower level person. Essentially, cutting them self off from further significant development.
Looking at the True Def, you get a new smaller wand that you can drive a truck over (ridiculous),but, I do like the smaller, still need powder, same margin marking software and I believe same focal length issues, virtual model software and same model. The major change is in the business model. Rather than making a profit on the sale of the scanner they get high fees from all involved. Personally. I hate click fees:(

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob, do you think the scans are inconsistent in accuracy, or the prints?
Jason, I'm pretty sure it's a printer problem. We went through years of use, never having this problem with scans and models. To figure it out we can simply scan the bad model and do a comparative analysis of the model to the original scan. This would enable us to determine where the error came from.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Jason, I'm pretty sure it's a printer problem. We went through years of use, never having this problem with scans and models. To figure it out we can simply scan the bad model and do a comparative analysis of the model to the original scan. This would enable us to determine where the error came from.
Do you feel that you are able to produce something superior to a 3M sla model with that shiny new printer. What is your experience with Itero? I realize there is not a real business model here when compared to stone but I do have to support my current and future ios customers and would be open to trying other technologies. I have considered additional model software but have not gone there due to no clear cut path forward. We are currently only doing two or three a day and maybe expanding that soon. What is the turn around and cost of your printed models at cap?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Bob, I could just have my models made at your facility? Download STL from 3m connection center and send to you?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I know the surface texture is better. The models are Geller style like the Itero. The die fits in a hole in a solid model. We have the accuracy dialed in and have had good results making Trios models.
I believe we are charging $20 for a quad kit and $25 for full arch kit. The kit includes U&L models and dies. Please check with support as I'm not sure if we can manage the ULDC files from the True Def. Scanner.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob, I could just have my models made at your facility? Download STL from 3m connection center and send to you?
We can give it a try. I believe all models received by noon go out next day.