zirconia sintering

JOE_Z

JOE_Z

Reaction score
hey guys,
looking for a new or pre-owned sintering oven. any recomendations???????????

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
ask ***, that's his user name, Scott.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
There was one on ebay for under $2000.
(greenhaven on this site) I was considering buying it.

The Chinese ones work fine.

I use all mine and need another myself.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I know of one for $4000. , sold for over 12k ...and almost new... but its a microwave ! :D
Let me know if your interested ! its not mine, its in Calif.

JOE_Z

JOE_Z

Reaction score
thanks guys. bought a Chinese furnace from glidewell. came in a broken crate with broken elements, damaged muffle, and even after i replaced the elements still wouldnt heat up. wtf glidewell!!!!! oh well found a sirona htc that one of our doctors wasnt using anymore and gave me a great deal on it.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I could have told you that would happen. I still like those ovens anyway.

The elements gets broken almost every time when shipped from China.
Mine came with Three broken elements.

They are cheap as a fast-food dinner, so no big deal. Also, you need to learn how to change them. We have gone through maybe 100 elements the past few years.

I'd buy a broken oven. Where did it go? Those ovens usually come with schematic of electrical system. Mine did.

Mine had the insulation on door break in half....we repaired with platinum dowels and high-temp ceramic glue from Zircar. It was a few weeks old! Oh well.....

It was my fault because we are always in a hurry. We opened door too soon and shocked the insulation with cold air. Heavy brick of 1000C fun fell to the floor. We keep big fireman gloves for picking up stuff like this and running out to the parking lot to throw it ?

Scott

Last edited:
JOE_Z

JOE_Z

Reaction score
i just sent it back for credit but i do still have some of the elements sitting around from when i attempted to repair it. if your interested in those scott make me a fair offer. glidewell says they sell for 600 but im not trying to get anything near that

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
thanks guys. bought a Chinese furnace from glidewell. came in a broken crate with broken elements, damaged muffle, and even after i replaced the elements still wouldnt heat up. wtf glidewell!!!!! oh well found a sirona htc that one of our doctors wasnt using anymore and gave me a great deal on it.

How is Glidewell responsible for damages once something leaves their lab? I own several of their furnaces and they work perfectly. Sorry you had problems, but I'd yell at Fed Ex, not them.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, get another one.

They are strong units! I beat mine 24/7 for years.

I get elements for $11-$18 each. They are worthless to me.

JOE_Z

JOE_Z

Reaction score
I'm glad that you've had great luck with your furnaces. I had just gotten rid of that furnace when I first posted that. The furnace was poorly packaged, which I assumed was done at their laboratory, and they were less than helpful when I called with my problems. Afterwards it took them a month to credit our purchase

A

ALPHA

Reaction score

The Reg HTC or the New 90 min cycle Oven?

vernelmay

vernelmay

Reaction score
what is the best zir sintering oven for the money?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
can't go wrong with Shenpaz Sintra. easy to program, easy to repair.

J

jhdtrinh

Reaction score
hi everyone. where can you buy elements at that price?