Zirc Wash Bake.

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Should a wash bake of porcelain run at the same temp of the rest of the firing process?
If your 1st, 2nd dentin and glaze are 930. Would you wash at 930?
Does it make more sense to run a wash at 10 degrees hotter at the least?
Would this help the margin from lifting after the first dentin firing?

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
makes sence to read and follow the porcelain manufatures directions imo.....

M

martintay

Reaction score
Yes fire higher Marcus . Off the top of my head "Shadebase @ 960-970`C for good bond to Zr . This will not help "Lifting Margins" IMO but I don`t get that. Recently I`ve been experimenting by not using SB - Instead I`m applying a small amount of glaze on the pre- coloured coping (and sometimes some stain ) then sprinkling with Opacious Dentine and firing on the above setting ! So far I`m liking the end result !

G

grantoz

Reaction score
yes fire higher and longer to let the heat in and out of the zirc you will have very few problems if you do this. the biggest prob for zi besides what disturbed says is under firing and then cooling to quickly this is what the study that I was involved in showed time and time again the vita instructions in the beginning approx. 8-9 years ago where only suitable if your coping was 0.5mm thick and no support we all know how that turned out.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Should a wash bake of porcelain run at the same temp of the rest of the firing process?
If your 1st, 2nd dentin and glaze are 930. Would you wash at 930?
Does it make more sense to run a wash at 10 degrees hotter at the least?
Would this help the margin from lifting after the first dentin firing?

Yes fire higher, 20 or 30'c is a good. the margins lift due to steam. Try just using water instead of build up liquid or either raising or lowering the idle temp of your furnace.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Depending on the brand of porcelain, fire wash/bonding bake aprox 30 to 80c higher than 1st. bis bake