Wieland Mini/ VHF K Series mills

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I was thinking about the whole wet mill / dry mill issue. The new VHF Select will have a wet option etc.. Now, when milling a single unit out of a block of Lithium disilicate, do you need a five axis machine? Ever?

I ask because the Wieland Mini, in my opinion, would be the perfect wet milling option. Why not have a wet version of that mill? Think about cost? Minor design changes to an already rock solid machine? Extremely small foot print with a pretty powerful jaeger spindle? Could you imagine a sub $40,000 wet mill including CAM?

Just a thought.......VHF! Lol!

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
We mill our eMax in 5 axis mode but you don't need it. Most of the time even though we are running the 5th axis on our eMax it never gets used I would say 98% isilled in 4 axis.

Weiland is a top notch company and make great machines. Or I guess I should say VHF? Either way they are on a roll with things.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
well if you are milling an emax abutment out of blue block..then you would need it.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Great idea Jason, but I think the new imes 140i may keep that idea from ever happening /price wise.
That's a great project for Scott !

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
the wet extension can be purchased but i don't know who in the US is offering it. You could probably contact VHF directly, as most vendors use VHF's support team anyway...

i was looking at the 140 (i think in Chicago) - and it just seems so dinky compared to the other mills... actually just looked like a DWX-40 with water really...

btw my name is Joe :(

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
ill think the mini must be totally new constructed but for the same price you can buy a imes 240 she has a wet option 140 although

Top Bottom