Why are my LTBL3,4 ingots pink?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Ive always done a full facial layering on the anteriors pressed in LT. Not always for V and HT. Never noticed a pink tin,t never really noticed pink on the occlusals either.
But Ive used bl4 LT a lot and it is my ingot of choice most of the time for anterior 1m1 and A1 and often B1. B1 and A1 LT ingots grey easy but the BL4 LT keeps the value up in my hands.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The pink in a bl4 will help mask or diffuse any orange or yellow hue in the prep. ie: A1

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I went ahead and used a V3 ingot even though I was thinking V2. But stepped it up a bit hoping to mask, but not too much, the internal stump. Im hoping the a3.5 natyral dies I built turn the v3 veneers into a close a1 to stain and adjust value afterward... well see.. The case will be layered on the incisal and should be finished by tomorrow evening. I'll let you know how it turns out...

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
If those veneers are less than 1mm thick you will have a problem.

Value ingots are pretty translucent when they get thinner.

A safer bet would have been BL4 LT or a MO ingot .7 shell layered.

If it works let us know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
They are pretty decently thicked, just one area on a central sticks out and is sharp. We have time to rewax if needed and I can bust it out pretty quick since the doc and patient are happy with the temps built from the diagnostic wax up....
I knew maybe another choice would have or could have worked, but I need to utilize some of these emax materials I may as well be afraid to use, and learn them and their outcome...

I should wax and press each impulse ingot in different thickness tabs and make my own guide for a reference...

Maybe just a 8 unit full contour sample case, one in each, v1, v2' v3, opal 1 opal 2 a couple BL's and maybe more...

I actually have this full upper case that was built but never finished... 6 veneers, 4 full contours, and a 3 unit bridge... I could just use that and build a bunch of samples out of ingots we seldom use. Would come in very handy with these difficult shade matches..

Last edited: