Who's best for milling abutments from design

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
We've been having major issues with Glidewell sending us titanium abutments that are almost twice the size of the design we sent them. Anyone else with this problem? We are using 3shape.
What milling centers have you found that are sending back exactly what you designed?
Thanks all.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I doubt an abutment twice as large as you design would even fit inside the blanks they use, are you sure you've measured them with calipers and it's not right? Things do look a bit different on a 21"+ lcd compared to holding it in your hand... Everyone I know using Glidewell abutments says they are very good.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Yes they are actually that big. We've talked with our Glidewell rep and she says that they have problems with that quite a bit. margins will be 1-2 mm above tissue when it is clearly not that way on screen. Full zirc and Hybrid abuts come back just fine.

JOE_Z

JOE_Z

Reaction score
once from nobel I received a titanium abutment that was milled with their zr parameters and was way bigger than it should have been. maybe that is whats happening with your abutments.

Top Bottom