Which pellet?

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i have been prescribed an emax crown with the shade 0M3 cervical OM2 body/trans (3d guide) i would appreciate any advice on pellet selection? if poss would like to use LT?

cheers
Adam

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
thanks for super quick response!

C

cosmicsport

Reaction score
What is the stump shade ??
I would say MOO .
Here is why. The LT BLs are way to pink. I do not use them anymore, matter of fact I've thrown them away.
You will have a problem using those. Use MO1 for B1 and BL4 0M3 and MOO for everything lighter.

Good luck

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
What is the stump shade ??
I would say MOO .
Here is why. The LT BLs are way to pink. I do not use them anymore, matter of fact I've thrown them away.
You will have a problem using those. Use MO1 for B1 and BL4 0M3 and MOO for everything lighter.

Good luck

They do not look as pink when they are pressed out into restorations. Your looking at a piece of lithium disilicate 10+mm thick. also if you cut it back and "enamelize" with the bleach incisal your in great shape. ive seen many nice restorations pressed in the BL3's. just to close, the MO0 is a fine choice as well, i do not disagree with your advice on that whatsoever.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
These upper 10 are BL3 LT.
IMG_0140.JPG

C

cosmicsport

Reaction score
Very nice case. WOW looks great.

About the LT BL3 ingot. Yes, you can layer with Bleach incisal, BUT what if you have not room like at the gingiva area ?? BL3 LT for full mouth is fine, for single units I say no.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I think BL1-3 are all easy to use and predictable.

For large cosmetic cases BL3 is the most common shade I get.

I havnt used BL4 because the shade is so close to B1 and the ingots look so rose colored, but I am working on 10 unit upper full crowns now, the shade asked for is B1 but the prep shades are ND7.

I know if I use B1 they will come out closer to C1 so I am going with BL4 LT, Ill let you know how it comes out.

This case below is BL3.
bl1.jpg bl2.jpg bl3.jpg bl4.jpg

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
Al very nice natural irregularity and surface texture
Thanks for sharing

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Hi Al, Lovely work once again. Would MO0 have worked for that case as well?

thanks, Jeff

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
MOO would have worked but too much work for me, and a loss of strength.
The occlusals and linguals are full contour, also the very center of the incisal edges are core material for strength and to keep the incisal from greying out since he is going so light.

Here are the pics of the wax and cut back.

The incisal edges are a bit too thick in the wax but what I did is score the very center with my blade and reduced the facial from my scored line down 3/4 to the gin. and the lingual from my line down 1/4.
Then I cut back the M and D on the incisal 1/3, but I left the contacts in the core material along with the linguals and the occlusal of the bis.
After I pressed it I thinned down the incisal edges thin but my occlusal was still there in the core material but a thin sliver so it was a cake walk to layer and almost occ adjustments because I did that in the wax.
I wrapped everything with incisal 1, but put some OE1 on the M and D of the incisal edges.

I have no idea how it looked in the mouth the Dr said I can come and take pics in a couple of weeks.
The preps were an A4 so the Bl3 should have been toned down to a B1.
bl1.jpg bl2.jpg bl3.jpg bl4.jpg bl5.jpg bl6.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
That is what is so unique about LT ingots. These incisal edges have the core material in the very center and are wraped with enamel, exactly the way middle aged lowers are on natural teeth where the enamel is worn through to the dentin.
If I wanted I could have put a bit of yellow on the facial and lingual of the edge of the core then wrapped it with incisal or you could put a ring of clear porc around it fire it then layer your incisal, kind of like the rings on a tree.
bl2.jpg bl1.jpg

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Thanks for that explanation Al. Top notch as per.
Whats your thoughts on full contour MO Al? Do you think they are too opaque?

thanks ,jeff

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I do it all the time but only on the linguals of anteriors.
Anteriors are really all I use MO ingots for.
LT seems to cover everything up in the posterior, if not I would prefer to do a pfm.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
This case is the one I am working on now.
Im cutting it back this morning and will press it this afternoon.
Im going to use BL4 LT so I will see how BL4 looks.
For sure I will get pics of this case in the mouth but it wont be till after the tissue is completely healed from cement clean up.
This Dr is anal about tissue management. This patient has been in temps for 1 yr preparing for crowns.

Linguals are all going to be full contour for strength, she has less than ideal occlusion.
I will tweek the occ or make the contacts more precise after it is pressed.
bl1.jpg bl2.jpg bl3.jpg

Last edited:
JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Nice shape Al, "Pleasing natural symmetry with nice incisal embrasures" (been back reading my books of late) lol.
My guess, Female aged around late 20's -mid 30's.

BTW, your cut back looks fairly aggressive, you are obviously going to layer hard core. Will be great to see end pics.

thanks Al, Jeff

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I have found if you dont layer the facial all the way down or if all you do is layer the incisal 1/3 with LT ingots they often dont look to good in the mouth, they look fake, esp with the lighter shades.

BTW I just devested the case and I dont see any hint of the rose color that you see with BL4 in the ingot form.
It has more of a cream shade compared to the B1 with its yellow tint.

Ill post pics later because I am documenting this case at the Drs request.

Top Bottom