Verification Jig Workflows

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Pikuplast a verification jig, from prelim impression, have it sectioned with a thin disc have dr either superglue or pikuplast in mouth, take accurate jig out of mouth. Verify.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Pikuplast a verification jig, from prelim impression, have it sectioned with a thin disc have dr either superglue or pikuplast in mouth, take accurate jig out of mouth. Verify.

"Superglue"! Huh? Ahhhhh

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Combo approach.....tack with superglue and accelerator , then overlay with Pikuplast resin polymer.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
You should be DDS. I bet youd be darn good.

There was a point in time where I considered it. The time and expense to go back to dental school along with the loss of earnings was just not something I could overcome at the time.

Today I am so glad I did not go down that route, but dentistry has been very good to me and mine.

Thanks for the compliment.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
The sectioned jig with pick up impression is technique demanding on all but the finest clients. I prefer if they are going to do open tray imp to link everything prior to taking the master and to use very high durometer material to take the impression with.

John, what type of impression material has yielded the best results with your cases? I just had my doc order some Luxabite, which is actually a bite registration material. DMG also makes a material called O-Bite which has a shore hardness of 93.3. If the doctor uses an open tray with these materials on the first try it would appear to be sufficiently accurate. I know it also depends on the type of implant...some of the them are much user-friendly than others with regards to the interfaces.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
John, what type of impression material has yielded the best results with your cases? I just had my doc order some Luxabite, which is actually a bite registration material. DMG also makes a material called O-Bite which has a shore hardness of 93.3. If the doctor uses an open tray with these materials on the first try it would appear to be sufficiently accurate. I know it also depends on the type of implant...some of the them are much user-friendly than others with regards to the interfaces.
That bite material isn't a bad option.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

As long as the expansion of the material is low ANY material that aids to reduce deflection will be a benefit. I would ALWAYS make a jig post perfect impression technique, even with the guys that I trust to do it right.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
As long as the expansion of the material is low ANY material that aids to reduce deflection will be a benefit. I would ALWAYS make a jig post perfect impression technique, even with the guys that I trust to do it right.
Ya, nothing is worse than milling a bar and it not fitting. Double triple check.

Top Bottom