Time study or production standards

N

Norm9

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to the forum.
Does anyone have a time study or production standards for all the departments, steps or tasks associated with producing fixed restorations?
I have done a search but cannot find what I am looking for.

Thanks for any help you can provide

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to the forum.
Does anyone have a time study or production standards for all the departments, steps or tasks associated with producing fixed restorations?
I have done a search but cannot find what I am looking for.

Thanks for any help you can provide

hey Norm, welcome.
these time studies will vary per lab. while our end results are similar, our techniques vary greatly. i would suggest doing your own time studies, jotting each step down with a full description and time it takes, then tweak each to make them more efficient. sounds like you want to head down the road of Lean Manufacturing.
google that and you might find some general tools to help you

N

Norm9

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. What I am looking for is an average time for each step to use as a baseline to compare my figures to. I think at one time Mark Jackson had some of these figures? If anyone has any numbers they are willing to share I would appreciate it.

doug

doug

Reaction score
PM Mark on Facebook. He'll probably send you way more info than you'll need for a long time. He's been very generous.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. What I am looking for is an average time for each step to use as a baseline to compare my figures to. I think at one time Mark Jackson had some of these figures? If anyone has any numbers they are willing to share I would appreciate it.

i am guessing Mark has these figures because of implementing Lean in the laboratory :)
keep us posted on what you come up with. i know what my personal times are for most steps, but not averages for labs

N

Norm9

Reaction score
I would like to contact Mark but I am not on facebook. Is there another way to PM him? Care to share your times, that would be a start?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Mark sold the lab, bought an old VW bus, and got
a gig as a roadie for the Beach Boys summer tour.